IGNORED

Need an audio editor that does this (variable time and/or pitch stretch)

mcbpete

Sorry, can't find a better picture so ignore the lots of numbers (grabbed it from the interwebnetworks). Alas my copies of Cool Edit and Adobe Audition (1.5) are now completely dead despite complete reinstalls and compatibility tweaks, and there's a feature that I really can't find in existing audio editors.

If you look at the right of the below image (the gliding stretch tab), you are able to specify an initial and final speed (#2 on the diagram) - this can apply to either time (6) or pitch (7) or pitch&time (simple resampling - 8)

Audition_Stretch_(process).png

The nearest I've found is RX4's speed contour which is cool in that you can draw the speed curve, though alas it only does resampling - no option for independant variable time or pitch variations. You can do constant time stretching, or pitch shifting, but not variable/sliding shenanigans

Anyone know of anything that does this (well, except Cool Edit & old versions of Audion!) ?

Oh my bloody god, the one audio editor I've heard the most about but used the least. And there it bloody is ....

sliding_time_scale.png

*Slaps forehead*

Thanks man....

as if you can't find a copy of cool edit that works somewhere on the net :p

It/They worked on OS until recently. Alas the more security updates I've added on my Win8.1 setup the less compatible it's been. Now it instantly crashes no matter what the build.

There's an edited audacity you can get free which has paulstretch included with it, really good for time stretching without much quality loss.

Ironically enough it's the quality loss I'm looking for ! I love the glitchy blocky sound you got with Cool Edit when you stretched stuff too much !

There's an edited audacity you can get free which has paulstretch included with it, really good for time stretching without much quality loss.

Ironically enough it's the quality loss I'm looking for ! I love the glitchy blocky sound you got with Cool Edit when you stretched stuff too much !

you're living my life

Yeah paulstretch is good at extreme parameters for stretching sound, also you can check out ircam's TS, which sound quality is very good.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

i have not found a time stretcher with as many features as the one in cooledit, if you come across one let me know (hz rate + overlap setting = required )

i did an ambient track using only it a few years back : https://fluorescent-grey.bandcamp.com/track/telelogical-attractor

xcuse me for being so offtopic but is the track telelogical or teleOlogical (discogs listing)

There are some .dll files that you can edit in your registry for cooledit/adobe if it isn't running properly. The new windows updates renamed some of the old xp/7 dll files to newer ones and cooledit still looks for the old dll files. I can't remember 100% but you should be able to go into your registry and edit where the files are located. There is help on the internet specifically about audition and this.

Having said that, Audacity is second best to cooledit. It has the negatives that come along with it being free and open source but its a very good audio editor with some third party addons installed.

Blinking heck old chap, you punters really know how to complicate things. I'm in here lookin for chiptune with a chimpunk singing. Chipmunk hardcore. I'd like it with heavy bass. This is why i love illegal dustbin so much.

Let's get chipmunk hardcore back on the map, cummers.

Archived