IGNORED

Single cycle waveforms

Guest Morphy

Guest Morphy

Does anyone know of patches or programs which can creatively generate single cycle waveforms at a specific root note or frequency? Also links to any good collections would be appreciated. I've looked in the past but I don't remember finding anything that was tuned to a specific root note.

Guest Morphy

Yeah I knew about those but was put off by the odd 600 sample length. I'm also planning to use these in Renoise. 600 samples isn't a lot of resolution either. There once was an awesome Reaktor patch that algorithmically generated tuned single cycles in an event table which you could export as wav but it was taken down before I could archive it. Something like that in PD or Max would be ideal.

the people who make the galbanum stuff have a bunch of waveforms in different formats. they're all good. lot's of banks of FM stuff and additive, sines, uhf.. etc.. work in a lot of synths.. they also have sales too and do discounts when you buy in more than one format and there's a few thousand of them in that bundle. all really well done.

http://www.designersound.com/product_info.php?products_id=78

Guest Morphy

Here's a mod. I removed the waveshapes he had there and implemented the freecurve algorithm from RS-MET's Funcshaper. It can make some more FMish tones now. http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/NhS7on7j/file.html

wRLFx9j.png

Looking at the RS-MET single cycles Oscar linked they come in all different lengths. I'm guessing his synth and others that load wav's will automatically stretch them to the nearest root note. For the rest of us: Divide sample rate by target note frequency to get the number of samples then load your single cycles up in an editor and experiment with rate percentages until you get it right or close.

Guest Morphy

djPHDuJ.png

I've added the OPL wavforms, made it auto-render the table, added a demo synth and changed the output from 1024 etc to root note length. The FreeCurve algorithm could use some work. Anyone have feature ideas or wanna help build this thing up?

djPHDuJ.png

I've added the OPL wavforms, made it auto-render the table, added a demo synth and changed the output from 1024 etc to root note length. The FreeCurve algorithm could use some work. Anyone have feature ideas or wanna help build this thing up?

any chance of making this compatible with Reaktor 5? I'd love to try it but I haven't upgraded to 6 yet.

Guest Morphy

It wouldn't take too long to remake in R5 but I don't have it installed. If you download the Reaktor 6 player you should be able to open both versions of Reaktor side by side and rebuild module by module. Or I could screenshot each area and you could do it from pictures.

there's alos some access virus waveforms somewhere. i've used those a bunch. if i can find th elink i'll drop it here. it's on the elektron forum somewhere as the waves work in the monomachine.

legend! I'll give this a go on the weekend.

Anyone remember the windows utility from many years ago called tranzilon? That was good for single cycle waves, it created morphs from one waveform to another.

Archived