IGNORED

DJ Earl - Open Your Eyes (With OPN)

ganus

New album by DJ Earl, one of the best footwork producers around. Oneohtrix helped Earl put the whole album together, as well as featuring on 3 tracks. Second physical release by Teklife after DJ Rashad's Afterlife.

http://www.teklife57.com/releases/002-DJ_EARL/

http://www.factmag.com/2016/07/12/dj-earl-open-your-eyes-teklife-oneohtrix-point-never/

Q9nWbsa.jpg

I don't know, DJ Earl doesn't always captivate me, but there is a lot of talent there, and I have been enjoying recent collaborations with MoonDoctor. OPN collaborating on footwork is a fantasy combo... I mean, there were nods on GoD, but this is something different altogether.

• 4 weeks later...

^Yeah he seems to have a lot of potential. Just heard "Renaissance" with MoonDoctoR, good stuff.

I haven't listened to him as much as some other folks like JLin or DJ EQ Why but this collab sounds promising.

First time I've heard footwork and I really liked it ! The OPN touch is indeed pretty strong, I loved the goofiness of Let's Work. It's always impressive to hear how he manages to add something without taking too much over the artist when he helps producing an album !

First time I've heard footwork and I really liked it ! The OPN touch is indeed pretty strong, I loved the goofiness of Let's Work. It's always impressive to hear how he manages to add something without taking too much over the artist when he helps producing an album !

If you haven't heard DJ Rashad's Double Cup, I cannot recommend it enough. DJ Earl owes a lot of his sound to that album.

And yeah, agreed re: OPN collabs. I was half disappointed this ep wasn't weirder, but now that I have listened to it a lot, I can tell that his goal was to add a subtle touch, and it really does add a lot. This ep goes a bit further than any of Earl's other work. Also check out Live Love Teklife, another recent ep by Earl.

I think Fukk it Up is my favorite track here.

If you haven't heard DJ Rashad's Double Cup, I cannot recommend it enough. DJ Earl owes a lot of his sound to that album.

Thank you very much for this recommandation, it's indeed an amazing album !!! Loving this atmosphere.

I also keep on going back on the DJ Earl album, it's perfect for those late-hot-night vibes :music:

Thank you very much for this recommandation, it's indeed an amazing album !!! Loving this atmosphere.

I also keep on going back on the DJ Earl album, it's perfect for those late-hot-night vibes :music:

Double Cup really encapsulates how much potential DJ Rashad had before he passed. Really a magnum opus of the genre as a whole.

DJ Earl and others are carrying the torch though. 

Can't stop listening to this one! Great stuff, although OPN's influence is more subtle than I was expecting.

he's only featured in 3 of the tracks, but mixed the whole thing.

Pro tip: Suzi Analogue, a contributor on this ep, also put out a fantastic album this year:

https://suzianalogue.bandcamp.com/album/zonez-v-2-2

It's good.

Will check out. Really dug an EP by Noam Kamal I stumbled upon earlier today.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived