IGNORED

Which BoC song effects your dreams?

Dragon

If there's anything I know about the Boards, it's that it will effect your subconscious mind. The songs I tend to dream about (or remember dreaming about) most often are:

ROYGBIV

I had a dream about a beautiful, delicious cake called "ROYGBIV", and it was actually a circular cake covered in coloured icing, in seven sections (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). It was so sugar coated, there was actually social stigma surrounding it's delicoiusness.

Sherbert Head

I don't remember much of this dream, but the song is basically a short version of AFX's "Stone in Focus*" with weird vioces. So I assume there's a childhood trauma therw somewhere.

Basefree (Twoism EP)

This is one I dream about all the time. I imagine switching it on, and listening to it with other people (albeit in the middle of a motorway).

*not in terms of exact tune. it's 3 calm notes over and over

P.S. June 9th has just ended, now listening to: niagra

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Beware the Friendly Stranger

I get dragged into a local woods and get brutally violated, then I have to go back to school and lie to my teacher why the knees on my schoolpants are ripped.

Dude, if Salad Fingers was the FIRST time you heard Boards of Canada, you need the hi scores EP. Go somewhere high up or something, and listen.

like my uncles loft? it makes me itchy :(

I played A is to B as B is to C forwards then backwards on repeat while i slept. each time i do that i have seemingly paranormal nightmares. I never have nightmares unless i do that. kinda wierd.

I played Sherbet Head on repeat while I slept and had the most amazing dreams of being back on the farm I lived at unitl I was about 10 or 11. was there with all my old friends running around in the fields of tall grass. everything seemed to be in high contrast and grainy. It was like a heroin trip. It was the most amazing feeling of being care free.

Most of the BoC songs give me awesome dreams. Slowing the songs down a tritone works even better. I find myself listening to a lot of BoC slowed down these days, it's great.

For those who are interested, try listening to Biosphere's Substrata album while you sleep. I always have incredible dreams with that album playing.

• 2 months later...

I had a dream visualizing the voice in An Eagle in Your Mind - it was quite dark actually, more than I would have expected, but very much in the universe of BoC since my subcontious interpreted it as the voice of somewhat of a "nature-spirit". The setting was my back garden but it was all dark, not night, just pitch black like in a totally shut off room, with the atmosphere of afternoon in winter, and I had a tiny flashlight on me. I wasn't sure where in my garden I was for all I could see in the light of my flashlight was short grass, much shorter than it actually is, and I knew there was a valley where my garden ended (anyone one knows the weird garden of the alternate brookhaven hospital in silent hill 2 knows the atmosphere it had). There was a snake, red-white-black, one of those milk-snakes or whatever their name is, and I felt the presence of the spirit-thing above my shoulders, it must have been more than 3 meters high (too lazy to look up how many feet that is), I couldn't see it as it was staying back in the darkness but I felt the weird ancient presence and pictured it in my mind, I only saw its arm as it came into my field of view to press some kind of a giant stamp onto the snake, leaving the snake ripped apart. It was sort of judging about it or testing it's authenticity. Morbidly, the now dead snake's body looked like it was made of that soft jelly-winegum in the places it was ripped open, the sweet stuff you bite off and that then has these teeth-marks as parallel stripes in it. (All animals that die in my dreams turn into winegum, especially furry ones) Another snake appeared, and got the stamp, but this one didn't even notice, it survived, with the image of a snake-head stamped on its back. The spirit told me to back off, go further away from my house into the darker area. I then heared children crying from over the hedge to my neighbour's garden, I went there and looked. In this garden, there was light, but just about, the blue light at dusk you get on camera when you film outdoors with the wrong white balance. There were three children, two girls, one boy, standing in a row, in front of a shed. The boy was crying as a man came out of the shed, holding a drilling machine and telling the boy to hold his hands out for him. He drilled him through both his hands, then through his feet. I threw a green glass bottle at him, leading him to scream and laugh, running in my direction. Trying to call the police, I couldn't get through, the line was built like a game, where one had to say yes or no or press buttons.

• 2 weeks later...
and now you must make a movie based on that

I have hours of recorded spoken dreams and tons of written down stuff, I've been keen on putting lots of them together and making an actual full length movie... I don't have the patience for it right now, but let's hope I will do it at some point

• 2 weeks later...
Which BoC song effects your dreams?

GAY

You should see what BoC get up to in the Hexagon Sun.......ever wondered why they tried to cover up the fact that they were brothers?

Guest Dogboy73
I have hours of recorded spoken dreams and tons of written down stuff, I've been keen on putting lots of them together and making an actual full length movie... I don't have the patience for it right now, but let's hope I will do it at some point

Let's PRAY that you don't! Jeez!

If more people would actually use this thread to discuss BoC dreams, there would be no need for a lock.

but no-one's going to bother anyway, so we might as well talk piss until it does.

Arse-cakes.

Archived