IGNORED

IDM Anti-Vaxxers in the Age of Covid

Richie Sombrero

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

More on topic: being talented doesn't mean you're especially intelligent. Also, being intelligent doesn't make you immune to disinformation and logical fallacies.

Exactly. Someone needs to tell the 'Richard' worshipping crew this

(yeah I called them dick worshippers)

I've decided to abstain from the vaccine for the time being since I have allergies and don't want to risk anaphylaxis.  I do want to get vaxxed as soon as I can be confident about my own safety, but that point remains uncertain.

By the way, Bret Weinstein did a very good and thorough analysis of the currently available mRNA vaccines:

It's good to be aware of the points discussed here before taking the vaccine.  He is one of the few voices who has the maturity to allow people their own choices without trying to tell us what to do.  It's nice not to be treated like a child for once.  The concerns he addresses did not demoralize me on the vaccine, but I feel more comfortable being aware of these points.

Edited by drillkicker

19 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I've decided to abstain from the vaccine for the time being since I have allergies and don't want to risk anaphylaxis.  I do want to get vaxxed as soon as I can be confident about my own safety, but that point remains uncertain.

Over here you're supposed to hang around for about fifteen minutes after you get your shot so they can treat you should you get an anaphylactic shock. The allergic reaction to these that can occur with these mRNA vaccines supposedly always occurs within that time frame, although it's possible to get a much more mild reaction (on your skin) a bit later. Medical professionals say it's not a big deal, if you they treat you in time. Not having ever had an anaphylactic shock I don't know if that's true or not.

It's a known issue with these vaccines that is caused by the greasy stuff they stick the virus-ey material onto. Since the greasy stuff itself helps prime the immune system, replacing it with something else is not ideal.

I learned all this from an interesting article in a generally respectable magazine. It's in Dutch, otherwise I'd post it here. The TLDR is yes, anaphylactic shock occurs with these vaccines, no, just having allergies isn't enough of a predictor, yes, the vaccine still works if you have an allergic reaction to it.

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Over here you're supposed to hang around for about fifteen minutes after you get your shot so they can treat you should you get an anaphylactic shock. The allergic reaction to these that can occur with these mRNA vaccines supposedly always occurs within that time frame, although it's possible to get a much more mild reaction (on your skin) a bit later. Medical professionals say it's not a big deal, if you they treat you in time. Not having ever had an anaphylactic shock I don't know if that's true or not.

It's a known issue with these vaccines that is caused by the greasy stuff they stick the virus-ey material onto. Since the greasy stuff itself helps prime the immune system, replacing it with something else is not ideal.

I learned all this from an interesting article in a generally respectable magazine. It's in Dutch, otherwise I'd post it here. The TLDR is yes, anaphylactic shock occurs with these vaccines, no, just having allergies isn't enough of a predictor, yes, the vaccine still works if you have an allergic reaction to it.

Here in McMerica, the vaccines are being distributed by drive-thru as fast as possible, so I'd be screwed if my immune system were to go rogue.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...