IGNORED

IDM Anti-Vaxxers in the Age of Covid

Richie Sombrero

Used to listen to Syl Kougai a fair amount but have seen that he is really for protesting against covid restrictions and generally a bit of a nut. Which is a shame as he seemed sound and put out some good tunes. 

Anyone else that has outed themselves as a complete idiot in these times where the walls are caving in?

Just depresses me working in healthcare.

Untitled.png.7bfac79595f3e2447bf0705a1da3513c.pngUntitled2.png.5afc4eda8a0a38ab60470b522a834653.pngUntitled3.png.6f160b626937a0fd85d980a5142a51bb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

RDJ posted some Soundcloud track with a link to a covid hoax video in the title but then backpedaled and said it was just because of frustration with how the UK gov was dealing with things and actually covid deniers are morons.

Other than that I haven't heard any and hope I don't in the future. I have suspicions about some but not going to speculate here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, zkom said:

RDJ posted some Soundcloud track with a link to a covid hoax video in the title but then backpedaled and said it was just because of frustration with how the UK gov was dealing with things and actually covid deniers are morons.

Other than that I haven't heard any and hope I don't in the future. I have suspicions about some but not going to speculate here.

damn, someone told me about this and i didn't want to believe it but shame really.

One of my favorite writers, Louis-Ferdinand Céline, was a nazi. :shrug:

I like RDJ's music but that doesn't mean I look to him for political or medical advice.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Gaz from FSOL posted a lot of stuff about vaccines and autism and has shared a lot of plandemic / Covid skepticism stuff on Facebook. I think 5G stuff too.

But he's spoken about pseudoscience anti-Western medicine stuff in interviews since the start of the century so it's no surprise really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purlieu said:

Gaz from FSOL posted a lot of stuff about vaccines and autism and has shared a lot of plandemic / Covid skepticism stuff on Facebook. I think 5G stuff too.

But he's spoken about pseudoscience anti-Western medicine stuff in interviews since the start of the century so it's no surprise really.

Oh Gary ? ... If only you'd never got those fillings.

• Haha 1

One thing the Middle Ages got right is that minstrels were considered to be on par with cooks and cleaning ladies and no one thought to ask for their opinion on how the kingdom should be run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:21 AM, rhmilo said:

I like RDJ's music but that doesn't mean I look to him for political or medical advice.

Still means he should shut the fuck up though.

Stick to the tunes mate. And I don't think quoting a turn of the 20th century writer albeit how good Journey to the End of the Earth is, is a relevant argument now.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:21 AM, rhmilo said:

Stick to the tunes mate. And I don't think quoting a turn of the 20th century writer albeit how good Journey to the End of the Earth is, is a relevant argument now.

Also to confirm I've had the vaccine and nothing bad has happened! 

19 minutes ago, Richie Sombrero said:

Also to confirm I've had the vaccine and nothing bad has happened! 

Am I missing something or do "I like RDJ's music but that doesn't mean I look to him for political or medical advice" and "Stick to the tunes mate" mean the same thing?

Also, the quality of Journey to the End of the Night (ftfy ? ) is a perfectly relevant argument because it means an artist can be a complete tosser and still produce good art.

• Like 1

Oh you're right, whoops. 

Its a similar point fair enough, I just think it's particularly dangerous at the minute and makes me want to pull my hair out working in hospital.

I think anti vax stuff should be classified and prosecuted as hate speech.

San Francisco started rolling out a waitlist-type notification system. You take a short survey and it lets you know where your place in "line" is. That's good, but only one city supervisor is pushing to have mass vaccinations provided by the city. If I call my insurance provider, they tell me that I need to talk to the city and if I call the city's public health department, they tell me to talk to my provider. Lots of shit to take care of logistically.

More on topic: being talented doesn't mean you're especially intelligent. Also, being intelligent doesn't make you immune to disinformation and logical fallacies.

Edited by Braintree
  • Like 1