IGNORED

Warp record bandcamp

d-a-m-o

I mentioned this in the ae on bc thread as well, but clearly the reason they did this is so that it will be as easy as possible for all of us to go through and get any 1200 by 1200 cover art jpegs that we may be missing from our existing collections. GO MY CHILDREN!

• Like 4
  • Burger 1

On 12/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, auxien said:

good for Warp i guess? i do enjoy people having options and Bandcamp is great, but...

(rant below don’t click)

Reveal hidden contents

bad news for the thousands of unknown artists who are going to get even less exposure/cash because a bunch of boring shits want to buy Drukqs for the fourth time and so the feeds and front page exposure and charts all reflect tried and true long time Warp musicians who don’t need yet another fucking store face. i bet you couldn’t count the places you can buy/stream their music digitally already. 

hey so i'm glad to say it looks like (so far at least) i was very wrong! just had a glance at the Warp Bandcamp at a few of the recent releases and the sales are pretty weak (based on shown 'supported by' and tho this doesn't include necessarily all purchases, it's likely a very large portion) so, yeah. good to see people still spending their cash with the lesser-known artists on Bandcamp.

:derp:

Spoiler

image.png.c89d04f529ae2ddebc0faf7b02337c75.png

0 sales lol

Edited by auxien

39 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Yeah just looked; apparently you're bigger than Ae @auxien according to Bandcamp! Well done!

oh wow i figured i would’ve got a notice or something, must’ve missed it. oh well, at least i can quit my day job now, that’s it for me, making music full time from now on, big checks will start rolling in any day i’m sure!