IGNORED

Simon Scott - Long Drove [Room40]

Scaramouche

New Simon Scott album coming 20th of January 2023. A site study of the nature reserves that formed the basis of his 2012 album, Below Sea Level, on 12k. Ioved both the album and accompanying book.

Very much looking forward to this. 

‘Long Drove’, the title of Scott’s first edition for Room40, is a location in the Fens close to the home of British composer, multi-instrumentalist and mastering engineer Simon Scott. It is the connective pathway between two nature reserves, called Holme Fen and New Decoy, and both sites are part of a habit restoration project called The Great Fen Project and is close to where Scott grew up as a child. This area first became a location of compositional inspiration over a decade ago, when Scott created 'Below Sea Level' on 12k (later reissued on Touch). His return to the Fens has produced a number of new works, presented here on ‘Long Drove’, that are intimate sonic narratives of place and rural trauma...

• Like 1

I don;t know if I know his music offhand but 12k and Room40 are both great labels that rarely disappoint, so I'll need to look into this

• 2 months later...