IGNORED

1984 concept: your in 1984, what are you listening to?

watmmisdead

I’ll never forget the day I bought Ride The Lightning and played it for the first time. I don’t think an album has hit me as instantly, viscerally hard as that. I actually remember at times laughing uncontrollably and punching the sky, because it was just so brilliant and I didn’t know what else to do! However that wasn’t in 1984, that was probably 1989 after I heard One and ….and Justice For All. 1984 was

805D65C5-4B28-4DD2-A1D4-2333642DDC22.jpeg.96a0be34f6ec5a10ed4267773dae533a.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

allright

time to delete all my ipod music and only put 1984 and below

the last few weeks ive been listening to modern music and i really must say that i enjoy putting limits to my music choices. sort of helps focus my attention. anyways, i highly recommend folks to try doing such "concepts"

Cocteau Twins-Treasure.

Echo And The Bunnymen-Ocean Rain

The Smiths- s/t AND Hateful of Hollow

The Replacements-Let it be.

Steve Roach-Structures From Silence

Budd/Eno-The Pearl

LLoyd Cole-Rattlesnakes

REM-Reckoning

Bruce Springsteen-Born in teh USA.

• Like 3

As mentioned by scumtron Born In The USA was a massive album wasn’t it? Springsteen was absolutely huge in the UK at that point. Loads of adults wearing The Boss t-shirts and going to his concerts I remember the buzz of all that, I think all things culturally American was really popular in the UK back then so waving an American flag wasn’t really sneered at. Seeing as Bruce wasn’t breakdancing or doing robotics I wasn’t really interested. I did a phase of Springsteen sometime ago. I think when he released The Ghost Of Tom Joad he was on another wave of popularity but not mainstream in the pop charts more with singer songwriters and NME reading crowd, Nebraska was especially always being written about, which is indeed a great album. I think I listened to all the albums from Born To Run to the Ghost Of Tom Joad. Some of it great, most of it okay. I do like these two tracks from Born In The USA

Downbound Train and I’m On Fire

Not that an IDM forum cares ? 

Edited by beerwolf