IGNORED

Deftones Cover BoC

Hautlle

I went to the deftones show tonight in Kansas City. Right after the opening act left the stage and they started setting up for the deftones they had smokes quantity playing. Then about three or four songs into their set they did a cover of dandelion w/ the vocals playing and chino and stephen carpenter playing the melody on their guitars. nothing special but cool none the less :smile:

they played it like it sounds on the album w/ the reverse sounds. i have no idea how. stephen was messing w/ some box in front of him while playing his guitar so maybe through that. I was pretty drunk, but for sure it was the backward sounds.

• 2 months later...

i know i'm off topic a bit... but about the reverse sounds, one of my best friends has an afex processor we used when we were trying to start a shoegazy band about 12 years ago... he used to do that reverse thing using the processor. one day while i was waiting for the rest of the band i was messing with it and made an ambient style track using a bass and the processor. that recording is long lost... forever!

Guest umop_apisdn

maaaan, i went to a deftones show a few months ago, after not listening to the band pretty much since the late 90's, and i gotta say it sucked hard. a boc cover or two would have lifted my spirits, as well as my ass off the bench.

Guest WuLiAnalog

abe cunningham should've laid sum phat beats down to red moss er a beautiful place out in the country. do that and i would pay to go see them.

abe.jpg

minerva :beer: pink cellphone

Guest amputechure
abe cunningham should've laid sum phat beats down to red moss er a beautiful place out in the country. do that and i would pay to go see them.

abe.jpg

minerva :beer: pink cellphone

abe cunningham could choke a big one.... i... m.. o

i think its ridiculous and unnecessary for deftones to even consider covering BOC, or any bands cover BOC for that matter. it just doesnt need to be done, godamit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

looks like deftones will have a new one out this fall. octoberish. fucking awesome.

oh crap I didn't realize this was in the subforum. sorry, thought it was in music.

what's with this thread? why are there four different "Restricted" members with less than 10 posts? I didn't even know that was a user class that existed.

Archived