IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest Soothsayer

hi world, been a while, anyway, just wanted to check in, let folks know I do a weekly radio show of dubstep on www.sub.fm , DJ Cal Cutta's "Saturday Night Specials"

Saturday nights, 7pmCST/1amGMT(so that's Sunday morning for you folks east of the Atlantic)

bye world

hi world, been a while, anyway, just wanted to check in, let folks know I do a weekly radio show of dubstep on www.sub.fm , DJ Cal Cutta's "Saturday Night Specials"

Saturday nights, 7pmCST/1amGMT(so that's Sunday morning for you folks east of the Atlantic)

bye world

You cats should check this show - Cal Cutta (as Soothsayer is now known) always kills it! Sometimes I join him for the show too (as Sriracha). Just to warn you though, tomorrow Cal will be taking a hiatus, as the Dutch guys who go on before him need his time slot so they can broadcast during a festival. Next week though, tune in!

Hey Cal, do you have an archive somewhere of uploaded mixes that peeps can check out? Don't have to be the latest/newest or anything, just something to let them know what you're about!

who else is digging the insane metal, industrial, idm hybrid that some dicks are calling brostep but I renounce this name and call it...

DOOM STEP

early example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5EqM2AkaAs

I know a lot of folk are tired of the wobble but that is what made dubstep fun, now it is has been getting massively evil.....

Scorn, Coven, level 67, Flux Pavilion, Broken Note, Siren, Chasing Shadows, Datsik, Excision, Cookie Monsta and many more

---------the evil shit is what I been diggin'...

just sounds like an evolution of industrial and metal to me.....

Edited by Atop

cs149021202abig.jpg

if there is better dubstep, I've yet to hear it.

is banginnnnnnnnnnng!

yes, is very good. it requires/rewards a decent system (as in not just loads of fucking bass) in the way a lot of stuff doesn't, however. like that monolake album.

indeed Reso rips it up!

haven't heard the new Monolake, never really got into Monolake...

I own some but barely listen to it....

the antithesis of bass...

get the new Clubroot Kaini, holy shit balls man! :emotawesomepm9:

Increasingly coming to the opinion that this scene is just kind of creatively finished now... all the interesting people, aside from Mala et al, are more mongrel genre hoppers... it's not OVER as such.... but dubstep and what it's become is drained as fuck

Is that a Beardsley drawing for your avatar?

If so, nice......

so what is done about it, the fact that it has had its lifespan of 6 years and time for new shit....?

I agree....

I still enjoy a lot of it....

but it is either just newer idm sounding stuff or the hardcore doomstep stuff for me now...

listening to Broken Note's full length right now and loving it!

The "brostep" name is legit. Own up to it, bro. Even folks like Joe Nice use the term. Claw even started a label called Brotown specifically to release brostep.

Doomstep just sounds like something a bunch of goth kids made up. Accept your inner bro and do Jagerbombs to the sick new Rusko CD.

For my money, Breakage & Untold are still the best real dubstep producers around.

Just because they don't like the music they give it a shit name....

I like Broken Note and if you don't, don't listen to him...

DOOM STEP

and yes I think Untold and Breakage rule....

whatever!

I like brostep.

I like the name brostep too.

It perfectly encapsulates what the subgenre is all about. Headbanging, gunfingers in the air, and cheap beer specials.

when i first heard people use the term brostep out here i thought it was in reference to how the dubstep scene has been taken over by people who resemble a mixture of highschool jocks and wiggers similar to what happened to drum and bass

I like brostep.

I like the name brostep too.

It perfectly encapsulates what the subgenre is all about. Headbanging, gunfingers in the air, and cheap beer specials.

This describes the event where I was last night. I mean exactly.

I had to go home afterward and listen to some really gay house music just to balance it out.

It's all scenesters, hippies and juggalos here in Austin...

not that many b boys from what I have seen....

just the producers who show up from England, e.g. Hatcha...

Guest Enter a new display name

VVV's The Projects EP is pretty good.

[youtubehd]FddyChJN6Fc[/youtubehd]

VVV's The Projects EP is pretty good.

[youtubehd]FddyChJN6Fc[/youtubehd]

Yeah, I like this one as well. I think this is more garage than dubstep, but whatever, it's good music.