IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest abusivegeorge

p.s..... LAST POST

I call bullshit. Also I call people by their name on here all the time, quite often without even thinking. One day someone will hate me and I'll learn my lesson but until then I'll probably just carry on in ignorance seeing as I forget anyhow.

I just fail to see how this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZkzcm7ubQg

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2En93fR_09w

can be considered the same genre. I understand how, looking back at the history the former evolved from the latter (largely in part thanks to Coki and Rusko, but I was poking fun at the fact that the majority of DSF blames the USA for it), but there's pretty much no semblance between the two types of tunes anymore, even remotely. The Doctor P tune is just ear piercing and obnoxious, and that's exactly what brostep fans want.

It's just sad that there's no real dubstep shows around here I can go to, brostep has become "dubstep" in the minds of the beer vacuum, gunfingers-in-the-air club crowd, and they're the people that pay the bar tabs and cover charges that keep the nights going and the DJs & club staff employed...so I ultimately have no say in the matter.

Also, WATMM and messageboard are where you go to bitch about things you don't like....CODY.

Also also, brostep sucks.

Edited by autopilot

I can't believe a thread about dubstep on an IDM forum survived 124 pages, thats complete bullshit.

SAY NO TO LFOS

It's just sad that there's no real dubstep shows around here I can go to, brostep has become "dubstep" in the minds of the beer vacuum, gunfingers-in-the-air club crowd, and they're the people that pay the bar tabs and cover charges that keep the nights going and the DJs & club staff employed...so I ultimately have no say in the matter.

Also, WATMM and messageboard are where you go to bitch about things you don't like....ATOP.

Also also, brostep sucks.

Scorn started it with the crazy basslines with Greetings From Birmingham and other d'n'b producers....

Vex'd, Search and Destroy, Hawerchuck, Milanese, Soundproof Productions, Benga all did these kind of basslines early on.....

what you like, and we have talked about this, is the more idm sounding 'dubstep', so do I....

but don't bitch at me because I enjoy the old formula as well as the new sounds coming out...

anyways..........

I think you are acting all high and mighty and I hate that shit...

I know just as much music as you do and we should respect each other for that fact....

Just because there are more aggressive forms of music and I enjoy some of them doesn't make me a macho idiot, chicks certainly dig this stuff as well and some of it is well produced....

Dubstep is Loefah and everything that followed are derivations, innovations, and change...

Being able to adapt is a good quality, Autopilot, and not pushing your beliefs onto others is as well...

Here's to hoping that our bridge isn't burned....

even if we aren't facebook friends...

:cry:

and to abusiveGeorge: Calling everyone by their real names on messageboards is pushing it a bit...I think you know what you are doing....computer friends aren't the same as friends in real life.....simple fact

AP and I have been conversing for a while now so I felt it ok to call him by his name and it pissed him off, which I didn't intend....maybe you are close friends with everyone on here George? I don't know, but I do agree with AUTOPILOT in that I wouldn't call members by their real names, if I didn't know them very well....

No mention of the new triple pack LP from Mala Digital Mystikz yet?! For shame WATMM! I love love LOVE the really 80's style synth splashes on this album... sounds like a bleaker, updated Bladerunner soundtrack with mountains of subbass... perhaps that's just me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gFtztSnWg8

it's fucking brilliant - and intense. i love the sorta deep roots thing dmz (or at least mala and coki) bring even when they're using the harshest, most synthetic noises. getting six tracks of mala in one go is a treat, dmz release so little in relation to other dubstep labels. but everything they've ever released has been superb.

Coki ruined dubstep with midrange wobble. All the old dubstep fans were in denial so they blamed it on America.

everyone knows caspa and rusko ruined dubstep.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

this may have been mentioned here already, but bass clef's album from last year was all kinds of awesome. check it out if you haven't yet.

I love me some dubstep... However I like the deeper more atmospheric stuff. Not to say I hate the grime and wobbles. But it does seem the scene has become over-saturated. A lot of producers out there lack real understanding of where the DUB in dubstep comes from and it's become all about the "OMGSOFILTHY" wobble wankery, I call brostep. I think it's becoming harder to find among the seas of amateur producers, which I think many newcomers to the scene get jaded by, and therefore dismiss the genre. There are more than a handful of decent artists out there though, making quality stuff. Hyperdub, Hemlock, and Planet-Mu are putting out some consistently good stuff on their labels.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but Ceephax's Souley Man blows all this shit out of the water, at least for me, atm.

...the drop at 2:30.... :music:

seriously, play this shit, like right now

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

this may have been mentioned here already, but bass clef's album from last year was all kinds of awesome. check it out if you haven't yet.

a smile is a curve that straightens most things is my favorite - i will search out the newest album - i saw some live sets last

year and they were a bit goofy - i hope he stays a bit dark and mysterious - if his newest album is anything like some of the awkward moments

i saw then i would not be as interested. he is quite good when all is said - genius? i don't know - but very very good - you could put me

down for very good. zamyatin digitised grabbed my attention as well.

Edited by troon