IGNORED

timestretchers

Guest stolemb

Guest stolemb

What timestretchers do you know.

I've always used the one that comes with dblue's Glitch, but recently found dblue himself released an individual Stretcher VST with more options. Also you are not limited to the "pink steps" on the Glitch VST, so you can stretch the sound all as you want.

This is the VST im talking about:

http://illformed.org/users/dblue/vst/dblue_Stretch_v1.0.zip

Unfortunatley, it seems to be bugged. Theres the trigger button, that you have to activate to "stretch" the audio. I tried everything: Using the "edit events" thing, using automation clips, and even pressing REC and moving the trigger to ON, it wouldn't work. Seems like it randomly sometimes the triggers goes on, and sometimes it will just ignore what you automatized. This sucks, since I can't found another timestretcher that its has good as this. I've heard about other timestretchers that are more "professional", but those are not even VST's, so you are forced to export every single part you want to apply the stretcher, be sure that it fits on the track, save, and import again to FLStudio. I just can't work like that, I have to do it "in real time" inside FLStudio, but as I said, I can't find a similar VST.

Thats it, im searching a VST with those features.

Sony Time Stretch

Care to elaborate?

that's it. it's a plug in you get with Sony ACID Pro, but is portable across any VST host. pretty good...

Guest stolemb
Sony Time Stretch

Care to elaborate?

that's it. it's a plug in you get with Sony ACID Pro, but is portable across any VST host. pretty good...

I have Sony ACID Pro 6.0, never used it. I have it installed, but no idea how to load that plugin on FLStudio, any idea?

Guest stolemb
if you actually like, own flstudio there is a pretty good timestretch built in nowadays.

How "FLStudio its a timestretch"? Please check dblue's Stretcher to know what im talking about.

Guest stolemb
http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

the best strecher ever. . . don't belive me, see for yourself and tell me that i ain't lying

http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefor...win32-1.024.zip

Sounds very okay, but has a lot of lag when tweaking thing, also its not a VST. For me its very important to do this in FLStudio itself, everything on the fly and knowing how the final thing its going to sound. The dblue Stretcher its just what I need, but again, the fuckin trigger seems like its bugged.

Fuck, I have a project stopped because I can't find the way to make it work, or another VST that does the same thing dblue's Stretcher does.

Cooledit pro's (now adobe auditiopns) time stretching it the most versitile and (if you want to not be crazy) realistic sounding algorithm i have used.

Kyma's spectral stretching sounds more smooth and can emulate that 24 hours of 9th symphony style sound, but beyond that its not good for much else

i have yet to see a better timestretcher than the one on cooledit pro. the fact that you can type in your own values (time stretching Hz and time stretching overlap) instead of using knobs or faders makes it ridiculously powerful.

honestly, i dont think youll find very many good VST time stretchers, the best ones ive found are all contained in stand alone progs.

if you are going for a specific type of time stretcher sound im not sure id be able to help. Although the cooledit one is capable of really any kind.

I find myself using reaktor and shortcircuit the most.

which time stretching patches/instruments/ensembles you use? i havent found very many good reaktor ones yet.

Sony Time Stretch

Care to elaborate?

I have Sony ACID Pro 6.0, never used it. I have it installed, but no idea how to load that plugin on FLStudio, any idea?

yeah, you just have to tell FL where to look for it - you'll have a VST folder that has all your normal ones in it, but you can specify about 5 other locations for it to look for plugins. Just to to the settings/file settings and find where the plugins are stored for ACID Pro (most probably in the Sony program file under plugins) and tell FL to look in there as well. Go into the FX tab, click on the button to add a new effect and look at the top of the pop up menu for "More", click on this and click "refresh" and FL should look in all the new folders you've specified for any plugins. They'll all appear as new red items in the list - just tick each one you want activating.

The next time you open your effects bit, all the new plugins should be available...

Guest stolemb

I tried Sony Time Stretcher, and I it sounds like shit to me. Maybe im doing something wrong, but this doesn't look like the sound I understand by "stretching". How do you configure it? I tried everything but still sounds like random "clicks".

well, there's various presets you can use or just mess about with the sliders.... dunno why it's sounding like shit for you.... you sure your audio and latency settings are all correct?

Guest stolemb
well, there's various presets you can use or just mess about with the sliders.... dunno why it's sounding like shit for you.... you sure your audio and latency settings are all correct?

Everything is ok afaik, its just the pluging doing weird shit. Appart from that, it seems that you cannot automatize anything on FLStudio. I tried with the rec button and it will ignore everything I move, and the "edit events" or "automation clip" options on the menu are not even selectable on this plugin.

I just wish dblue would fix the fuckin trigger.

Guest stolemb
Have you tried the Fruity Granulizer?

Yes, but since you cannot load it as a effect on the FX channel, I cannot use it with the Fruity Slicer, which makes the whole thing unuseful for me.

you can automate absolutely everything and anything in FL. it's really simple, but not that obvious how. anyway, what you do is: open up your VSTi or effect etc and twiddle the knob/slider etc you want to automate. now, if you look at the top left hand corner of the window that your VST etc opens in - you will see a little square. click on this and it will bring up a pop up menu. one of the options in the menu will be called Last Tweaked Parameter. hover on this and it should give you some more options. you want Create Automation Clip. select this. now, you can draw the clip length etc in the bottom half of the arrangement window. once you've drawn it in, you can them draw in the automation curve using the normal freehand method. sorted.

P.S. to automate any of the knobs or faders that are actually part of fruity loops (the faders on the mixer, volume knobs, solo/mute buttons or anything on the built in fruity loops effects) just right click on the desired knob and select create automation clip again....

Archived