IGNORED

better: analord or tuss

Guest tht tne

I think The Tuss merely reflects Richard's current musical focus: He loves synths, has an impressive synth collection (his days as The Rave Colonel on Ebay netted him some pretty hard-to get items), and now he's showing he can do great music without VSTs and strictly computers, which frankly, electronic music was starting to sound all the same because of that, with very little innovation. I think this is Richard's response to all that.

Cynical version: They can't copy you if you use gear no one else can afford

You and I agree on that.

What's the info on The Rave Colonel on ebay ? what was he selling ?

Guest Kibreg
What's the info on The Rave Colonel on ebay ? what was he selling ?

buying, actually...

I still LOL every day at the conviction people display about how RDJ makes music. For fucks sake people, how do any of us really know? He also claims to have a submarine and a morbid fear of supermarkets and a million other silly stories. Im not saying he definitely doesn't own a GX-1 or every little niche analog out there, but I'm not convinced he does either.

I still LOL every day at the conviction people display about how RDJ makes music. For fucks sake people, how do any of us really know? He also claims to have a submarine and a morbid fear of supermarkets and a million other silly stories. Im not saying he definitely doesn't own a GX-1 or every little niche analog out there, but I'm not convinced he does either.

well, even richard devine said he went at the bank (in 2003 i think?) and rdj was receiving new synth and gear every day, and that they would just jam with different kind of setup all the time

I should try to find that interview...

anyway, for now, just find the tuss and analord different enough to not compare them :cool:

well, even richard devine said he went at the bank (in 2003 i think?) and rdj was receiving new synth and gear every day, and that they would just jam with different kind of setup all the time

trying to prove the lie of a legendary lying electronic music musician with the word of another electronic music musician who is known to exagerate and lie in his interviews.

richard devine also claims he uses Kyma, CDP, super collider, csound and tassman heavily.

(not true)

dude i feel you, ive had so many frustrating experiences reading peoples posts on how RDJ dumped all his analord mixes 'straight to tape' . its like WTF? what the fuck made you think he did that? if he dumped them straight to tape genius how in the hell did he do all the reverses and digital edits, oh yeah he tape spliced right? jesus fucking christ.

Shit i think i even remember having a debate with someone who claimed they could tell Rdj really was using a homemade poly synth on the Analord song because it didnt sound like any polysynth they had heard!!! I guess in the end its all amusing what people imagine RDJ does in his studio.

Shit i think i even remember having a debate with someone who claimed they could tell Rdj really was using a homemade poly synth on the Analord song because it didnt sound like any polysynth they had heard!!! I guess in the end its all amusing what people imagine RDJ does in his studio.

I always thought that song might have sounded so sad because he found out how hard it really was to make one LOL.

Agreed. Devine also claimed once that everthing he dd is samples, and that he had 5 different PCs each with "several terabytes" (this was in 2002 or so?) of samples and he just used them like midi instruments. Plus, if I were electronic music superstar number 5 or whatever and Richard showed me his studio and I got asked about it. Even if it was nothing more than a Casio SK-5 and a laptop Id be like "You just can't imagine all the machines in there! I got lost between a stack of Moog 3C modules and some old discarded Russian military gear".

the tuss is a progression of analord series... the tuss is richard himself, sure! you'll see...

why i found the same sound (afx is the one who can have this sound), photo of cover looks at some LP of RDJ, the word "the tuss" comes from cornwall, we didn't see the face of brian as we didn't see martin tresseder & bradley strider...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived