IGNORED

various artists - deep sea creatures tribute LP

alright let's get this going. I'm going to put out a full length limited deep sea creatures themed release, because deep sea creatures balled out of control in the "what is the most electronic music thing" tournament. they may have lost to beards, but they won me over.

if you're not aware of the tournament, here's the thread with the finals:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic...mp;#entry441960

so I figured I'd select a few trustworthy judges with good taste, including myself, and hand pick the submissions, then organize the album, then make it, then sell it for the cost of shipping. it will be very limited, obscure, and ultra cool, capturing the spirit of deep sea creatures themselves.

If you would like to submit a track, I encourage you to do so. you have two months from now. on monday, july 30th, I'm going to organize the tracks, distribute them with anonymous tags to the judges, and we'll select 50 or so minutes worth of music.

if any profit is incurred, which I can assure you there will be ZERO, then it will be shared with the artists.

tracks will be selected based on:

-relevance to deep sea creatures

-quality

-overall cohesiveness with other tracks to make an album

if you need inspiration, google image search "deep sea creatures" and make a song accordingly.

so, when you are ready to submit a track, PM the file or a link to the file to me. do not post it here.

deadline to submit tracks is july 30th

comments, questions, or suggestions?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i might be in if i can pull something decent together.

my musics are shite, hence not a single latest creation in what?... five years here.

.... five years.

fuck.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've been swept off my feet by The Deep. I will make a song to make them proud.

Guest Adjective

DEEP SEA

i should have something, two months is plenty of time

good luck to all who embark on this journey down deep sea tribute lane

I've started mine using Reaktor to keep it electronic music nahmean? with this premise : Deep Sea Creatures and how they be ballin almost uncontrollably w/out losing their poise.

Guest aron
gotta heat up those lowpass filters..

heh, i was just thinking the same thing, lol.

but yeah, im gonna try and get something done for this. ive been slacking on the music lately, so this should hopefully get my ass back into gear

Guest analogue wings

Is this open to Beards supporters?

Just because I think Beards are more electronic music doesn't mean I don't think DSCs are electronic music!

definitely open to beard supporters. make a beardstep track and name it after deep sea creatures and you're good.

response in one day has been overwhelming

this album is going to fucking own, i'm completely confident

maybe it will be pwn enough to be vinyl only?

Archived