IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Downfall

Guest Kibreg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Helper ET

that thought came to my mind as well. also, why can't he just release music that is good, and keep his special ones to himself?

first of all tftt obviously has a buttplug stuck in his bung hole.

Second of all, the clips are what, thirty seconds or so? Lets no comment on the compositions just yet.

Thirdly, I only really listened to two or three clips, but I thought those vst's sounded pretty cool for just vst's.

I didn't like the last µ-Ziq album, but I really like the sound of the new snares album - I don't think the whole emotional thing ruins anything in most cases. Oh yeah in terms of classical music emulationz Vienna is excessive in the extreme but damn it sounds good. I've actually found a use for Reason, I'm currently trying out the Miroslav refills by Sonic Reality and they are surprisingly impressive.

Guest Helper ET

I don't really understand why some people don't like emotion in music. it's all we've got damnit! strip that from us and we have nothing. music without emotion can be fun, but generally it's garbage

To expand on it. The biggest issue I have is with the longer, more drawn out notes. They just don't sound right at all. I think it's mostly because there is lots of very distinct but also somewhat random things that happen when you're trying to apply pressure with a bow during a very slow, long stroke. This and many other VSTs tend to render the sound very flat and smoothe whereas in real life, there's lots of fluctuations of volume, as well as timber (bow hairs turning back and forth on the string slightly as your hand turns, changing the timbre slightly). It just irks me everytime I hear it.

I have no problem with emotion in music btw, I have a problem with whiney bitch baby cryfest shit on a message board about your music. It's just annoying and irritating. Suck it up and fucking deal, you're the one who doesn't have to work for a living.

Having gone through the samples on Bleep I'm now not that excited about this finally turning up in the post. I'm all for a bit of emotion, but I can't detect that much of it on this album. I was hoping for something more self-pitying and dramatic to match my current malaise. Then again, they are intermittent samples, and maybe I'm just ignorant to 'proper' music. I just hope it grows on me the way Rossz thingy did.

Guest tht! tne

i like the record but not as much as rossz

simply because mdos mostly lacks beats

it takes the beats for me to be interested in the orchestration

otherwise it feels like something i have heard before classically

I'm pretty sure the really transparent ones are the $10,000 full Vienna Symphony libraries, not the $500 East/West cheapies. Even then, you can hear the dripping fakeness in a lot of modern film scores. I have totally noticed it. It's also because the end up doing really drastic EQ and compression to it, makes it sound like an orchestra covered by a pop group. This stuff just sounds totally fake, it's not even close. Maybe it's because I grew up around chamber music or something. It just doesn't sound like this.

Plus, the compositions aren't nearly as good. I mean, I don't think this is really his strong suit. He's no Bartok that's for sure.

i do not know what any of this means. i'm so uncultured.

edit: for the people asking, i don't know when it comes to the states in physical form, but it's already on the internets at the pink place (wink nudge etc).

My Half is too sick. Everything else I don't care about.

Actually Integraation was pretty cool. The rest is samey and doesn't really hold my attention. Then again, I'm only up to My Half. Maybe I should save my judgment til I'm at least done with the album? Ha.

Guest MASSIMO

I'm not really a fan of his, but Rossz was pretty good. This one is not.

He should stick to sampling or at least quality sound libraries only if making rossz type shit. He probably used Edirol orchestra which sounds like wank.

Archived