IGNORED

Surgeon on Warp

Guest narkeworld

Guest transfer

There is going to be a Surgeon release on Warp. Might be a different Warp, who knows(?), but Surgeon's website says that the release will be WarpCD 151.

Guest burnibus

Yeah the same surgeon who has been cutting wicked techno since 1990 and AFX often plays in his set and ae remix cos he is so bland

Yeah the same surgeon who has been cutting wicked techno since 1990 and AFX often plays in his set and ae remix cos he is so bland

just because afx plays it does not mean he's good. afx has played sandpaper :)

Surgeon is the poor man's Plastikman

Surgeon is the rich man's Robert Hood

I've been wanting to get into Plastikman's stuff for a long time, any particular album that's a must have?

I've been wanting to get into Plastikman's stuff for a long time, any particular album that's a must have?

i'll probably get shot for saying this, Consumed.

i'll probably get shot for saying that but... when consumed went out, i bought it & after 2 listens thought it was a rip off of Selected Ambient works 2 (that i love) so i gave it back to the shop (back then, you could do that) & got Music is rotten one note from Squarepusher instead (it was much much better!!). never heard any plastikman since then. maybe i'm missing something, i dunno)))

Guest burnibus

ahaaa thats well funny.

All 3 are amazing none are greater then the other they are all superb in their own way. Bloc weekend was ace had universal indicator surgeon rob hood and CJ bolland all on in that order. amazing music

i'll probably get shot for saying that but... when consumed went out, i bought it & after 2 listens thought it was a rip off of Selected Ambient works 2 (that i love) so i gave it back to the shop (back then, you could do that) & got Music is rotten one note from Squarepusher instead (it was much much better!!). never heard any plastikman since then. maybe i'm missing something, i dunno)))

haha ripoff of Selected ambient works 2? no offense man but how much electronic music do you listen to? I mean besides both being minimal the two are completely different.

i'll probably get shot for saying... surgeon > plastikman

what surgeon albums would you consider great? I really havent checked out any full lengths

haha ripoff of Selected ambient works 2? no offense man but how much electronic music do you listen to? I mean besides both being minimal the two are completely different.

hey you're right in fact, i didnt bought Consumed (i remember the cover was white indeed) i bought Artifakts instead -i just check allmusic - some ambient techno record that doesnt seem great at all.

just glad i had the squarepusher for replacement back then. but i remember plastikman got pretty good reviews with consumed (& that's why i bought it, exept i bought the wrong one!!)

sorry for stealing this Surgeon thread...

surgeon on warp? it's probably wishful smelling, but i really smell some more autechre/surgeon collabs. which i applaud.

consumed is the weakest plastikman, imo. artifakts is better, and musik is the real gem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrgypsum
wow, surgeon on warp? maybe he's in a shitty indie band on the side? ...

haha nice! warp has been very dispointing as of late - if youre not neo hip hop or indie franz ferdinand lovers.

Archived