IGNORED

Various Artists - This Is Beardstep

Guest analogue wings

Guest Glass Plate
Beardstep is warm and fuzzy and either curly or straight. Warm chill or warm glitchy stuff. That's my idea of beardstep.

pretty much what I was thinking. stuff around this idea.

cozy and soothing yet uppity, pushing, and refreshing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started mine last night. I read how the "two step" genre is defined, and I figure beard step is kind of like that but hairier, and maybe with a few odd meters thrown in to represent the unpredictability of a poorly kept beard. So those are my guidelines.

beard step is a horrendously thick tangle of melodic ideas so rich its merges to become one large mass of fuzzy warmth to me.

Well shit, my track isn't like that at all. It's more of a funkier cheesed out two step with an anti-razor message.

You guys need to get your act together. If beardstep isn't cohesive, it will fizzle in the face of the deep.

Thisket doesn't seem very beardstep to me. Just sayin.

Guest analogue wings
You guys need to get your act together. If beardstep isn't cohesive, it will fizzle in the face of the deep.

Thisket doesn't seem very beardstep to me. Just sayin.

I think Thisket's track is great, but it should define one of the boundaries of Beardstep - i.e. "no more Analordy than THIS..."

Guest analogue wings

I don't see how that is stopping anyone from making tracks. There is a clear definition of beardstep in the first post.

Guest Thisket
notice how 40 dsc tracks were submitted no problem while you guys spend 2 pages discussing what the hell beardstep is supposed to sound like?

It's a popularity/trendiness issue... 'cause no WATMM sweetheart started the idea.

man im just happy cos i missed the dsc deadline but im now stuck right in the middle of a fierce beardstep track. it just gives me an achievable goal to work towards.

Archived