IGNORED

cool massive reverb trick i learned

what ieafs said.

except to compensate for the obvious drop in frequency of the reverb in the original (rather pointless) 'experiment', you want to filter out the reverb at about half the frequency it sits at and above... ie a low pass, rolled off at half of the frequency of the original reverbs rolloff, to compensate for the dropping in pitch

so to summarise, twice the room size, twice the tail, half the frequency.

all achieveable in a matter of seconds in a decent DAW. no bouncing in sight.

lol.

edit: i could see how this could have some interesting effects if you're using real reverb.. like a spring unit, or a real hall etc... accoustical anomalies in the sound would be pitched down by an octave or whatever. could be interesting. digital reverb... can't see the point at all.

twice the room size is NOT simply twice the tail! don't forget that verb can change drastically depending on the material of the room - the diffraction/diffusion properties of the walls.

pitching down a verb will lengthen it, but it won't simply sound like the room grew twice as big, try it, it can sound interesting sometimes :)

i never said twice the room size = twice the tail.

i said double the room size and double the tail.

read my post properly.

i also said i don't get why anyone would do this with digital verb.

in fact i agree with you that this might sound cool with real verb... ie a real room.

but unless you're using a seriously expensive digital environment simulator, with digi reverb, you may as well double the tail, double the room size, and lower the freq of your lowpass.

Remember not to bounce too hard. You don't want to add any unnecessary gain.

He's just saying that so no one catches on to his secret: Bouncing too hard DOES infact lead to gain, but it's not an unnecessary gain (unless you're black or Italian like moi), because it leads to a gain of 1 1/2-2 inches in penis lenght, and 1/-1 inch gain in girth.

The moral of the story is, bounce away!

Unless you're talking about music, then just make sure you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT (Now this is my preference here) let your peaks got past -.5 or -.3.

thank you and goodnight.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you post a sample of this? I'm not sure I entirely get it.

don't be a fucking n00b dude. it's not that hard to understand, just take a sample, speed it up add reverb, bounce it then open it and set it at it's original pitch.

BAM, FUCKING FUCKING REVERB 4TEH n00b!!!!111!1!1

Such assholes here still i see-you all seem to know it all and love to smartass when someone isnt up to par knowledge wise, and none of you seem to be releasing any real music- the electronic music asshole no it all forum

p.s dont bother with child replys ..i want be coming back to read

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
BAM

kick it up alevel

p.s dont bother with child replys ..i want be coming back to read

lies

• 1 month later...

i quite like to pitch something (drums) down, apply reverb, then pitch back up. or just apply reverb and pitch up. it does something that can't exactly be done using the reverb settings.

i accidentally did what's described here on some pads, and it gave it a kind of gritty texture, that i decided to keep.

i recommend getting an audio editor, snafu.

Such assholes here still i see-you all seem to know it all and love to smartass when someone isnt up to par knowledge wise, and none of you seem to be releasing any real music- the electronic music asshole no it all forum

yes we like to smart ass some fat fuck who calls himself 'PRODUCER snafu'

and your second point is wrong also

knob hound

Guest meneedit
bounce is a producer term for converting a project into a sound file

snafu, its funny you should mention this because I have this concept for nearly all of my ideas.

FX something, then take ("bounce") the wet effect. Bring it back in, remove the effect on the original, then place it on top of the now dry sound. then you can fuck with the effect only.

:beer:

snafu, its funny you should mention this because I have this concept for nearly all of my ideas.

FX something, then take ("bounce") the wet effect. Bring it back in, remove the effect on the original, then place it on top of the now dry sound. then you can fuck with the effect only.

welcome to elementary music production 101.

Guest meneedit

welcome to elementary music production 101.

No, well, I was just using that as an example. Sometimes I have the craziest ideas for making music, its like..... "whoooah, should I be thinking as complex as that?" hehe.

Archived