IGNORED

movies. good ones. seriously.

kokoon

allright folks. after watching the fall i've been left craving for anything that is extremely visually pleasing. anything will do, the newer the better (more of a chance of obtaining a blu-ray copy). downloading ingmar's persona at the moment, any other ideas?

were you amongst the people who have already seen Children of Men? It's probably got the best camera work I've seen really. I don't know if you'd consider that visually pleasing though. It's a bit minimalistic too sometimes but that's why it has such a great effect imo.

watched it for the fifth time a day or so before my post. agreed on the camera work. they did a good job in putting you there in the action without feeling cheeseball. the long single shot takes were really impressive.

i got myself a copy of ghost in the shell 2: innocence on blu-ray. absolutely ridiculous.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Soothsayer

Finally seeing this on the big screen for the first time, at the Inwood this weekend.

Irony, I just watched this on Blu-Ray for the first time last night. Between the Blu-Ray, and seeing the 70mm/full surround in the theater, I feel pretty satisfied I've "experienced" this film in all proper ways. :D (that Blu-Ray looks jaw-droppingly good, btw, all the Kubrick Blu-Rays do)

You'll enjoy yourself.

any opinions on entre les murs (the class) or waltz with bashir from last year?

I keep hearing how good Waltz with Bashir is but haven't seen it yet. What film is your avatar from, Atropa?

You wanna see a good movie? You watch I Heart Huckabees. It's like, the goodest movie ever.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned in this thread I didn't read.

[edit] Oh how about that, it's in the first post.

Go watch it again. :sorcerer:

I know this is supposed to be about good movies but I saw "Let the right one in" (Swedish film) in cinema without knowing what it was, assuming it was a drama and possibly a quite drastic one, hence the 16+ rating, also the cropped and tiny preview pics looked allright, color-wise, I liked the setting as well - BUT, this one sucked BAD, nothing against being surprised, though I'm still wondering what they thought would be the target audience for this thing. Don't keep reading if you're afraid of spoilers but... it's no loss really. This thing was like a children's film basically but it's way too gory for that at times, very few times that is, a lot of stuff's been stolen from Sleepwalkers, (possibly, perhaps coincidence) Marebito, Blade, 2, and - emberassingly - The Little Vampire, that older tv show. In fact the ending matched with the episode from it I still have on vhs. The camera wasn't even that bad but it wasn't good either, it was nothing, sweet lens they must have had, depth of field yay and so on, but still none of the shots had a working composition (although the film was trying hard, since it would stay on the same still shot for quite a while) - there was one good laugh though, since the person animating the cats apparently has never been in the same ozon layer like a cat, regarding their body language, or did YOU know cats bend their ears to the front and get funny adobe after fx distortion-tool-faces to make them look like they have downs before they attack? What does this movie want from anybody, I wondered and still wonder...

Ironically, before the film, there was a trailer for another vampire film that looked like it's been made for teens (and that in reflection actually looked better than this one), and not knowing that I was about to see a real shitty vampire film, I said something like "Why would anyone even bother making another vampires-in-modern-times-movie, the good ones have been made more than ten years ago, all the aspects have been well covered"

That's what I get for not watching trailers...

edit: Ozon-layer? Hold on, we don't live in the Ozon-layer... I messed that one up didn't I.

Harvey.

Go ahead. Convince me that 7-foot-tall imaginary rabbits aren't electronic music as fuck.

No arguing from me!

I have been trying to make this point for years now.....

Search rabbit here in watmm if you don't believe me........

and yes, I didn't enjoy 'Let The Right One In' very much, thought it was pretty but I felt like I needed to be Swedish to enjoy it....

about to watch 'Gran Torino', Clint Eastwood as Charles Bronsin! Best be good!

• 4 weeks later...

this doesnt warrant its own thread, so ill just post about it here

i dont know if anyone here is into the germs (classic punk band), but ive been listening too them a bit and came across a trailer for what looks like an excellent doc (im a huge music documentary buff)

i highly doubt anyone has seen it, but heres the trailer anyway. looks pretty good.

fuck, embedding disabled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUNvE-02gFE

Archived