IGNORED

movies. good ones. seriously.

kokoon

Guest beatfanatic
Let me just elaborate on that...

I watched [REC] about a year ago and I loved it.

The thin zombie lady in the end of the movie scared the living crap out of me, and I loved all the little details about her. Especially the way they had structured her body and especially her breasts. They made her look like what I expect a naked witch to look like.

So a couple of days ago I watched Quarantine which is the American remake of [REC] and I was really surprised by the fact that they had added even MORE violence to an already violent movie.

And because of this I was also really excited about seeing what they had done to the 'witch'-thingie at the end of the movie... and fuck me... they had completely removed her breasts! What the fuck? That was the best detail about her!

It's okay to watch zombies getting their heads bashed in, it's okay to watch people with bones sticking out of their skin but it's not okay to watch a pair of breasts. What the fuck is this!?

Fuck you, Hollywood.

I download REC a while ago but haven't seen it because i am not a big fan of horror movies but i still downloaded it for some reason. I guess Ill watch it tonight.

Another movie that doesn't get enough respect is Danny Boyle's Sunshine. It is one of the best sci-fi films i have seen this year and has some of the best special effects and background score. The only negative thing i have to say about this movie is the characted development , i just didnt care about the characters all that much. still a great movie though...

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me just elaborate on that...

I watched [REC] about a year ago and I loved it.

The thin zombie lady in the end of the movie scared the living crap out of me, and I loved all the little details about her. Especially the way they had structured her body and especially her breasts. They made her look like what I expect a naked witch to look like.

So a couple of days ago I watched Quarantine which is the American remake of [REC] and I was really surprised by the fact that they had added even MORE violence to an already violent movie.

And because of this I was also really excited about seeing what they had done to the 'witch'-thingie at the end of the movie... and fuck me... they had completely removed her breasts! What the fuck? That was the best detail about her!

It's okay to watch zombies getting their heads bashed in, it's okay to watch people with bones sticking out of their skin but it's not okay to watch a pair of breasts. What the fuck is this!?

Fuck you, Hollywood.

I download REC a while ago but haven't seen it because i am not a big fan of horror movies but i still downloaded it for some reason. I guess Ill watch it tonight.

Another movie that doesn't get enough respect is Danny Boyle's Sunshine. It is one of the best sci-fi films i have seen this year and has some of the best special effects and background score. The only negative thing i have to say about this movie is the characted development , i just didnt care about the characters all that much. still a great movie though...

Absolutely.

One of the best sci-fi movies the last 8 years...

i agree, i have a big soft spot for sunshine...amazing score, amazing cgi

shame he went all event horizon on us tho

Exactly my thoughts.

(Did Underworld ever get distribution rights back or something?)

Lifeforce all the way :wink2:

i agree, i have a big soft spot for sunshine...amazing score, amazing cgi

shame he went all event horizon on us tho

Exactly my thoughts.

(Did Underworld ever get distribution rights back or something?)

Give me 20 minutes...

Yeah Squee I'm bitching about this pretty much every day too, it's really frustrating... shows how controllable a nation can be...

edit: wow, should have hit f5 there... this was about the less-tits-more-violence-ideology

btw Sunshine is one good film by my favourite director, I love the mercury-scene

Guest beatfanatic

just finished watching Che:Part one... I was lost during the whole movie since i am not too knowledgeable about the history surrounding the movie and the movie itself did not help in understanding. However Benicio del Toro is amazing as Che Gueverra and i cant wait for the second part

allright folks. after watching the fall i've been left craving for anything that is extremely visually pleasing. anything will do, the newer the better (more of a chance of obtaining a blu-ray copy). downloading ingmar's persona at the moment, any other ideas?

Guest beatfanatic
allright folks. after watching the fall i've been left craving for anything that is extremely visually pleasing. anything will do, the newer the better (more of a chance of obtaining a blu-ray copy). downloading ingmar's persona at the moment, any other ideas?

hmm if you enjoyed The Fall , I would recommend The Cell. It is directed by Tarsem Singh , the same guy who directed The Fall. I am not sure if it is available on blu ray though. It is visually very rich but it is very different than The Fall.

Guest beatfanatic

watched Slumdog Millionaire again in the theatres again and Danny Boyle has done it again

9.5/10 ( it got a bit chessy during the end but i guess it made sense given the context of the movie)

saw Benjamin Button today and thought it was great.

I was really fucking disappointed with this. Beautiful cinematography but it was like Forrest Gump 2.

Just watched Traitor the other day and was surprised. Not great but better than I expected.

Co-sign on Sunshine, definitely underrated. I loved the cinematography, just wasn't in love with the last 30 minutes or so.

dam I said that exact thing when I came out and then I came to find the same guy who wrote Forrest Gump's screenplay wrote Benjamin Butthole, thought it was beautifully shot though, as you said....haven't seen Traitor......didn't like Sunshine..... 2001, Event Horizon and Alien.....are all way better!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I didnt really care that benjamin button was incredibly forest gump derivative, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I'm pretty sure I would rather have the wrestler be considered the dominate movie of the holiday season though and thats not just because im biased to love any movie with marisa tomea's boobies

Gran Tarino was definitely a good movie, despite some mediocre performances from some of the actors, clint eastwoods character was dope and his good natured dynamic racist slurs charmed the shit out of me.

were you amongst the people who have already seen Children of Men? It's probably got the best camera work I've seen really. I don't know if you'd consider that visually pleasing though. It's a bit minimalistic too sometimes but that's why it has such a great effect imo.

Guest beatfanatic

were you amongst the people who have already seen Children of Men? It's probably got the best camera work I've seen really. I don't know if you'd consider that visually pleasing though. It's a bit minimalistic too sometimes but that's why it has such a great effect imo.

I recommend Children of Men too , It doesnt have the same picturesque beauty of The Fall but has one of the best cinematography I have seen

Archived