IGNORED

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

eh Speedy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pete is your friend
I bought that album in 98 or 99, but I never bothered to look at the track titles. Even now, I'll just drag the whole folder over to ye olde em pee three player without considering the individual files.. I may have gone for years without knowing the name of that track.. It's a true classic and a longtime favorite.

On a related note, does anybody remember the live set in which RDJ drops this stellar track--and hard?? As I recall, there's also a lot of Squarepusher in the set (a bunch of classics from Selection Sixteen)... It's not the best recording, but it's one hell of a fine set. I can't seem to find the file...

i remember this clearly. was there front row being assaulted by speakers when this hit and we fucking went mad. being from southern california it was rare to get aphex over here, let alone get him to play the shit we wanted to hear. was a pretty memorable aphex first for me. that night was nuts though, merzbow, rdj and boredoms shared the same stage.

i like how it takes its time too. nice and long.

Yeah, love how it builds, how the chords at the beginning of the track make it sound mysterious. And the strings are so damn nice.

Is there anyone who also thinks that AFX always succeeds in making very 'storytelling' tracks, something that lots of other artists aren't quite as good in?

Guest David R James

Yeah, love how it builds, how the chords at the beginning of the track make it sound mysterious. And the strings are so damn nice.

Is there anyone who also thinks that AFX always succeeds in making very 'storytelling' tracks, something that lots of other artists aren't quite as good in?

Yes. That's because most artists in IDM or whatever aren't musicians. They've scrobbled some gear and software and are plinking about. AFX is that once-in-a-lifetime combination of musicianship and gear mastery that we may never see another example of in our lifetimes. Sorry to get all bumlicky but does anyone disagree?

There are other people that are musician and masters of technology in the world though.

i always lol when ameican people talk of getting "front row seats" for gigs

it reminds me of bad tv shows where someone says "hey i got front row tickets for aerosmith" or something

rows lol

i guess its the difference between being able to visibly see the artist or just paying to hear music you've already heard many times before, just louder. but to be fucking douchebag technical, there weren't any rows, seats, aisles ect, i was in the vicinity closer to the stage. happy now dickhead? lol

Guest David R James

Yes. That's because most artists in IDM or whatever aren't musicians. They've scrobbled some gear and software and are plinking about. AFX is that once-in-a-lifetime combination of musicianship and gear mastery that we may never see another example of in our lifetimes. Sorry to get all bumlicky but does anyone disagree?

There are other people that are musician and masters of technology in the world though.

Absolutely. But are they putting it together and then melting the hearts of 100 million white boys weeping in their basements over the thermin melody in Acrid Avid Jam Shred?

yeah your right xxx

happy now dickhead? lol

not really. cause i cant't remember what the point of my post was or where it came from but yeah

make some more analords please.

Guest hahathhat

acrid smoking jam shed

to elaborate on my car point, try a slow, deliberate drive in the rain early in the morning. breathe calmly and listen to acrid avid jam shred. it may be raining outside, but inside the car you're comfy and warm, free to drive around enjoy the beauty of it all.

At around 4.18 where the reverb of the melody increases like a climatic moment, I love that. It's like a trademark Aphex technique he uses in a lot of his music.

to me it sounds more like he accidentally presses a button, but it's cool i guess

it's something he does on a lot of tracks, pretty much his stamp. that and his organic clap.

Guest hahathhat
Tied with Cow Cud and Hedral as my favorite track off icbyd

In the bi-annual Capsaicin favorite ICBYD tracks competition? wow.

what

wat

Guest hahathhat

what

wat

whut

hwæt

what

wat

whut

wheat

fixd

Guest hahathhat

what

wat

whut

wheat

i'm a dumb bitch that knows little to nothing about linguistics

fix fixd

educate yourself weed

i always lol when ameican people talk of getting "front row seats" for gigs

it reminds me of bad tv shows where someone says "hey i got front row tickets for aerosmith" or something

rows lol

yeahhhh pretty sure the greeks invented having rows at performances

At around 4.18 where the reverb of the melody increases like a climatic moment, I love that. It's like a trademark Aphex technique he uses in a lot of his music.

to me it sounds more like he accidentally presses a button, but it's cool i guess

read the fucking rules OMG

Archived