IGNORED

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

eh Speedy

Acrid Avid Jam Shed userped Faltermeyer's Axel F and Peter Gabriel's Big Time to become my favorite track ever in 1995.

It is the dreamiest most surreal perfectly balanced song I've ever heard and most likely will ever hear. I want this played at my funeral.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought that album in 98 or 99, but I never bothered to look at the track titles. Even now, I'll just drag the whole folder over to ye olde em pee three player without considering the individual files.. I may have gone for years without knowing the name of that track.. It's a true classic and a longtime favorite.

On a related note, does anybody remember the live set in which RDJ drops this stellar track--and hard?? As I recall, there's also a lot of Squarepusher in the set (a bunch of classics from Selection Sixteen)... It's not the best recording, but it's one hell of a fine set. I can't seem to find the file...

I bought that album in 98 or 99, but I never bothered to look at the track titles. Even now, I'll just drag the whole folder over to ye olde em pee three player without considering the individual files.. I may have gone for years without knowing the name of that track.. It's a true classic and a longtime favorite.

On a related note, does anybody remember the live set in which RDJ drops this stellar track--and hard?? As I recall, there's also a lot of Squarepusher in the set (a bunch of classics from Selection Sixteen)... It's not the best recording, but it's one hell of a fine set. I can't seem to find the file...

It's from DJ Aphex's last performance in America, 2002 ATP. I couldn't stop smiling when I heard it!

It's from DJ Aphex's last performance in America, 2002 ATP. I couldn't stop smiling when I heard it!

Ah, thanks! I thought it was ATP, but I only checked '03. Here it is, in all its glory. Beautiful.

oh man i still have the VHS you made me of that show! the one time he ever played it out, and we were there, that was so great! thanks man.

Guest Speedplay

The synth-line that comes in around 3:45 is quite clearly one of the best he has ever put in a track!

The way he plays with melodies entering the song, disappearing then coming back in again, variation etc is fascinating

The synth-line that comes in around 3:45 is quite clearly one of the best he has ever put in a track!

The way he plays with melodies entering the song, disappearing then coming back in again, variation etc is fascinating

i wouldn't expect anything less from the worlds greatest song.

Guest Quixote

I hadn't listened to ICBYD in almost five years until about 2 months ago. I forgot how awesome this track, Wet Tip Hen Ax, Alberto Balsalm, Cow Cud is a Twin... okay nearly the whole damn album is. I would love to hear this set in question as well.

Archived