IGNORED

Acrid Avid Jam Shred

eh Speedy

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first time i heard this I was bumping it whilst quaffing genesee cream ale. I poured a beer over my head because I knew I was listening to a tune who'd have itself bumped, whilst a bearded fellow commemorated the song, and bumped a thread about said tune.

edit: it seemed to make sense

Guest David R James
awesome tune.

*pLaYs and basks in the beautiful ambient tones, hits, clarinet/oboe thingy sound and distorted drums*

first time i heard this was on repeat on the tape deck in my mind and then the aphex twins somehow managed to hack into my morphic fields and reproduce it on record which i bought on the day of release and skinned up on while listening to, thinking to myself FUCK, over and over again

Since I got ICBYD at 16, I've constantly run that beat with my mouth when I concentrate or when I'm bored. 14 years later, why not a tribute to possibly the best track by RDJ ever.

P.S. I tried to to the melody but since I started so high, there was no hope of hitting the final two notes. Turn your computer down.

hmmmm

gonna do this. full on. gonna put all my effort into a proper cover of this song.

nearly 15 years later, mixing into acrid avid jamshred from professor booty (by the beastie boys) on the old 1s and 2s is probably the best mix ive ever pulled off.

definitely the best track on ICBYD and a shortlister for all time great afx

which reminds me (fred?) ... what song won the big afx bracketology.... im guessing alberto???

edit: lol xxx... like your accapellas... i do the very same thing a lot of the time.... its usually acrid or plaistow flexout that comes out of my mouth when my brain is on standby. plaistow flexout usually morphs into on and on by erikah badu though

nearly 15 years later, mixing into acrid avid jamshred from professor booty (by the beastie boys) on the old 1s and 2s is probably the best mix ive ever pulled off.

which reminds me (fred?) ... what song won the big afx bracketology.... im guessing alberto???

edit: lol xxx... like your accapellas... i do the very same thing a lot of the time.... its usually acrid or plaistow flexout that comes out of my mouth when my brain is on standby. plaistow flexout usually morphs into on and on by erikah badu though

yeah alberto. unbeatable in the polls every time.

Yeah, i figured... it's a reasonable result but i think i made a thread a few years ago stating that acrid avid jamshred was in fact better than alberto balsam, contrary to most people's (including my own) beliefs.

Fred, (or tht tne) can i run that sentence past you for proof reading purposes? I had trouble with the apostrophe in "people's" also the parenthesis following. I think commas would suffice, instead of brackets. I'm never sure when the correct time for parenthesis is. I use it increasingly (often involving nested brackets (as you may more usually see in mathematics)).

Well go on now, give us a lip rush! Let's hear it.

you would need to be at my mates flat in the mid 90s. i dont have decks any more, nor mp3s of either track

Archived