now playing thread

easterlingman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2020 at 3:02 PM, milkface said:

New Strokes single out today!

Wow. I watched the video w/ sound on low and felt kind of meh ("where's the drums"?) then listened to this later on headphone + in the car at full tilt volume. Really fallen in love with this track, makes me pretty excited for what the full album will sound like, def the most I've been hyped for a rock album in some time. . .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Wow. I watched the video w/ sound on low and felt kind of meh ("where's the drums"?) then listened to this later on headphone + in the car at full tilt volume. Really fallen in love with this track, makes me pretty excited for what the full album will sound like, def the most I've been hyped for a rock album in some time. . .

Same here, the track has seriously grown on me recently, the vibe of the minimalist instrumental with the really nice vocal delivery really resonates well with me. Although I really like 2001-2006 Strokes, I totally understand them switching to a cleaner sound.

4 hours ago, milkface said:

Same here, the track has seriously grown on me recently, the vibe of the minimalist instrumental with the really nice vocal delivery really resonates well with me. Although I really like 2001-2006 Strokes, I totally understand them switching to a cleaner sound.

Yeah, think bands that continue to evolve are the most rewarding (to me at any rate) - it's why Radiohead remains an enjoyment (again, to me). . . they never seem like they look back and go "oh, we should do more like THAT album" 

This track feels . . . new and very present. And like it has something to say (and that something is heartfelt and true). Quite moving, really .. . 

• Like 1