IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Don't let it go man, it's a fun read. Stop reading everything else until it's over, except for non-fiction books.

I like it a lot! I read the first half more or less breathlessly in a few days... I just haven't had any spare time for about 2 months. I'm getting home pretty beat. I read about 16 pages of Klara's early '70s escapades in New York in the past 2 weeks, right before passing out in bed. :sad:

Must find some fucking time to give it the attention it deserves.

Edited by baph

Just bought Stephen King's "Under The Dome" today ... I've never really read much King, but it's supposed to be one of his better one's and looks to be pretty interesting. I also like the post-apocalyptic sci fi stuff like that too. I'll probably start it later tonight.

Guest Iain C

On a bit of a comics tip lately:

513N0WWXAWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And after playing LA Noire, I definitely had to dig this out for a read:

010255331.jpeg

Guest Iain C

yeah, he's a misogynist - but he's self aware about it, and it's pretty clear that his desire to sexually dominate big women (women who could easily snap him in half if they wanted to) is rooted in his own insecurities and inadequacies.

the comics about his wife and daughter are actually quite warm and touching... and crumb's just a funny guy generally. fascinating character, funny comics. and i love his taste in music, too.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle...my first read by Murakami. Not bad so far.

bought this for my gf who didn´t know murakami too. Make sure to get the sheep chase books and Hard boiled wonderland. Loved those.

Just started with Orhan Pamuk - Der Blick aus meinem Fenster. Beautiful writing.

i forget if i posted this yet, but at the moment:

9780385513531.jpg

setting up to be quite interesting—still in the middle of the exposition of the story but certainly seems to be shaping up for a great account of the impenetrable amazon.

Guest Ricky Downtown

I haven't read Ender's Game. Is it better at Space Mormons than Battlestar Galactica?

hmm, not sure what you mean cuz i haven't seen battlestar galactica. but i did enjoy ender's game, and would recommend.

a few weeks ago i decided to google "best sci fi books of all time", which led me to this site:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/petersykes/topscifi/lists_books_rank1.html

i don't think this list is 100% correct in anyway, and i have no idea who created it, but there are plenty of books on there that i have yet to read so i'm going through like a checklist this summer for fun. after ender's game, i read the sequel:

speaker_for_dead.jpg

which was good, and now i'm onto

n2203.jpg

Finished The Magus by John Fowels. One of the best ever as far as philosophy, mystery, sex and Greece go.

I'm well into this one right now on your old recommendation here and it is brilliant

Edited by The Pod

rereading the wind-up bird chronicle. ir's a bit wordy this time around, but very peaceful and dark and patient. good timing for me.

enjoyed ender's game thoroughly, and speaker for the dead & ender's shadow.

mr. c, i recommend seeing 'crumb' if you're into crumb. very good documentary.

Guest HerculesCzar

I'm having a hard time committing myself to reading anything too long right now, so I'm currently checking out

marshall-mcluhan.jpg

and

220px-CaricaturePB.jpg

I've been huge on Dan Clowes the last couple of months. He has a knack making the most hysterically ugly characters.

tumblr_l7859mM8071qbwycmo1_400.png

I'm having a hard time committing myself to reading anything too long right now, so I'm currently checking out

marshall-mcluhan.jpg

and

220px-CaricaturePB.jpg

I've been huge on Dan Clowes the last couple of months. He has a knack making the most hysterically ugly characters.

tumblr_l7859mM8071qbwycmo1_400.png

man, that looks like three-for-three as far as books i'm intrigued by. good choices!