IGNORED

Quaristice

Sam

I worry that I made the same mistake with this one that I did with Draft when it came out - put it on my ipod/personal whatever player and went around with it too much. The tracks got split up and harshened by irritations like being on the bus.

I listen to Paralel Suns with the lights out before going to sleep pretty often. This track is ace. I love that sound... you know the one. Like very slow lightning.. ahhhh

Amen to that brotha.

I'm convinced paralel suns will stay at my top, but it's special in a different way than the other tracks imho. The others will probably shift around. I may even find something to like about steels. The future is uncertain...

this is definitely one of their more industrial releases, which means the majority of watmm will never learn to appreciate it in it's fullest.

dig it.

giving it a break this past week with tBd's album on more often, along with some radioheed and indie pop from the Ting Tings.

shall re-enter the Ae fray a week tomorrow when I stand in front of them in Glasgow for a belly-full of live sonic assault.

Guest burnibus

I feel super happy about this album. I think listening to anything 3 times a day for a week is a mistake and almost in contrast to how music should be heard. there is so much music out there i find it impossible to just focus on one album as its a sterile and critical way to appreciate emotional art.

All ae's music exists by itself and although can be referenced to everything else, like all good art is best when appreciated as an individual piece. when i listen to it (listened to it on my real hifi for the first time the other day, OMG) i get completely lost in the music and locked in a dialogue as it should be with all the best music.

overall 10/10 :ok:

listen to it three or four times per week, really enjoy it -- although i usually listen through 'paralel suns' and then want to take a break. i think it's too long.

ps: its

Guest Enter a new display name
I'm more excited to see ae live for the first time on upcoming tour, than for the album.

a w w w w w w e t e k e r

Me too! :beer:

this is definitely one of their more industrial releases, which means the majority of watmm will never learn to appreciate it in it's fullest.

in what sense are you feeling its industrial? Im just not getting that vibe from it and im taking into account 1st wave (throbbing gristle, cabaret voltaire), 2nd wave (zoviet france, sleep chamber, spk), and 3rd wave (ebm, front 242, clock dva skinny puppy) industrial and post industrial stuff (scorn, pan sonic, panacea) I would say Chiastic slide and EP7 and many of the gescom releases have a significantly more 'industrial' feel than Quaristice. im just not seeing the connection personally, help me see it. Industrial is pretty much how i got into all this music, and i would like to learn to appreciate Quaristice in its fullest ;-)

i'm starting to think it's an uneven release and too long. some of the songs i think they could have left out; they don't really go anywhere, whereas others are stronger and more than just one idea or one loop they found to muck around with.

just about all the sounds are industrial, the arrangement on many of the songs are industrial, most of the songs are beat-based but sound just as much glitch as house. calling the record "electronic music" is denying the richness of genres it blends, instead that mindless meaningless label just groups them in with what is socially-techno-acceptable.

i listened to it twice, then i put it away for about two weeks. now i am listening to it lots and lots. there is weird funk that runs throughout despite the short tracks and multiple moods. i like it more than untilted. also don't understand the mystification over steels.

Masterpiece. I'm in the Confield > LP5 > Tri Repetae > Draft > Envane > Chiastic > Untilted camp

I would put this after LP5 at the moment. Complete, perfectly calculated journey through electronic sound architecture. From beginning you are plummeted into a strange landscape, and it just keeps getting crazier and rougher. Climaxes through Steels, Tankakern, rale and Fol3. It's extremely challenging and bleak at times, you're very lonely and isolated in the cold, horrifying world they create. It's what Draft really wanted to be, I think. Kind of like how Chiastic kind of wanted to be Confield. Well, not really. It took a LONG time for this one to grow on me though, I wore it out way too much the first few weeks. Now I've come around to it completely. Perfect journey, PERFECT JOURNEY!

• 3 months later...
Guest Super lurker ultra V12
I got bored with Quaristice a few weeks ago. Started listening to Draft and Untilted again.

:yeah:

just about all the sounds are industrial, the arrangement on many of the songs are industrial, most of the songs are beat-based but sound just as much glitch as house. calling the record "electronic music" is denying the richness of genres it blends, instead that mindless meaningless label just groups them in with what is socially-techno-acceptable.

Gee, maybe worth buying then.

I liked it it at first, but now I've completely gone off it. It just sounds utterly inferior to their last few releases in every way to me, apart from that amazing Simmm track. I agree with people who have said it's uneven, too. I'd rather they had just put out a soundboard in high quality, to be honest. And all these bloody 'versions' certainly don't help... :(

Archived