IGNORED

request: SOUNDBOARD RECORDING

Guest Tankakern

Guest exper
This video contains a clip of the SND set, and Rob Hall playing one of those tracks from that 2003 Gescom set that is really good.

cheers for the snd vid, rook. god, i wish snd were playing with autechre in osaka instead of massonix.

Wow, SND sound great. I quess no one has a live recording of them, do they? I'd greatly appreciate it. I've always liked them, but I really appreciated them so much more when the opened for Autechre in Philadelphia '05. The sheer volume made more sense than listening on small-ish studio and home stereo. Too bad they are not hitting US with Ae again.

-J

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dangulberry

Glotch

I like some of your music. That clip is not as good as other stuff you've done. But keep it coming.

If that clip is gl0tch:

Make an album and I will buy it.

but seriously what the hell is taking so long with this soundboard?

Guest Rutger

Absolutely, The Manc gig on current tour was the best thing I've ever heard! I don't like how people seem to fall out on these Ae forums?! Crazy. Anyway back to the thread. Soundboard recording, yes please. I can wait though, patience is something I've eventually got my head round. Is there any news on how similair the sets are from gig to gig on current tour? They were quite similair on their last tour but I have a feeling they have more material this time. Just a mention on the first few tracks into the set in Manc, awesome. About 3 tracks in there was a big sliding bass note throughout the track that was to die for.

Guest Rutger
The guy who started this thread requested one so we should all sleep safely knowing that one should turn up now he's made that request.

your line of humour its getting a little tiresome now. It was quite funny the first time round but then you spelt a word incorrectly and it just lost its edge.

Don't be negative dude, it's bad

Guest Tankakern
The guy who started this thread requested one so we should all sleep safely knowing that one should turn up now he's made that request.

your line of humour its getting a little tiresome now. It was quite funny the first time round but then you spelt a word incorrectly and it just lost its edge.

okay, but dude where's my car?

and where's the glasgow 2005 set at higher quality?

and where's a soundboard recording from the current tour?

and guys, lets stop being negative...

XLT thread about @320kbps Glasgow That 320kbps seems to be bollocks, it's just a re-encoded 128kbps at higher bitrate. Unless it's a new source. Anyway there has to be a real source, at the origin it wasn't a crappy 128kbps file.

I can bet all of you that there might be more chance that there WON'T be a soundboard compared to having one leak. I've got massive archive of bootlegs from dozens and dozens of artists, from all type of venues. You can't plug into a soundboard, or any type of direct source (hearing impaired, etc...) unless you are so fucking lucky. Like, best friend with a tech guy, etc...

They aren't forced to release shit all. In fact they told not long ago that the soundboard wasn't the best way to hear their live tour. Perhaps after the tour is over I could see a reason (historical purpose?).

XLT thread about @320kbps Glasgow That 320kbps seems to be bollocks, it's just a re-encoded 128kbps at higher bitrate. Unless it's a new source. Anyway there has to be a real source, at the origin it wasn't a crappy 128kbps file.

I can bet all of you that there might be more chance that there WON'T be a soundboard compared to having one leak. I've got massive archive of bootlegs from dozens and dozens of artists, from all type of venues. You can't plug into a soundboard, or any type of direct source (hearing impaired, etc...) unless you are so fucking lucky. Like, best friend with a tech guy, etc...

They aren't forced to release shit all. In fact they told not long ago that the soundboard wasn't the best way to hear their live tour. Perhaps after the tour is over I could see a reason (historical purpose?).

I don't understand this. I have never had trouble getting soundboard recordings. I just offer the sound guy in the back money.

there is a better quality glasgow set. only it's not being shared.

Correct, its not a re-encode as it clearly sounds better quality than the original. it does sound more compressed (dynamics wise not mp3 wise) actually but i am certain its not encoded from the 128kbps version because the 128kbps version sounds significantly worse.

Well that's why I wrote about the source. We're all speculating, but I completely doubt that the original source for the SB was encoded in real-time at 128kbps during the show.

In fact anybody remember how it leaked?

I don't know anything on the market that does line-in stuff like that. If it does, then the person who recorded form the source is stupid and should be shot. So there had to be (for reasons I don't understand) encoding from a better original source.

there is a better quality glasgow set. only it's not being shared.

Correct, its not a re-encode as it clearly sounds better quality than the original. it does sound more compressed (dynamics wise not mp3 wise) actually but i am certain its not encoded from the 128kbps version because the 128kbps version sounds significantly worse.

do you have it? If so, please post it.

God, any 320Kbps is deffo a load of bullshit. The source from that show was from a 256Mb memory stick, meaning it was recorded at a low bit rate.

EDIT: Mika- Part 6 of that youtube clip from the gig is immense.

Guest Rutger

okay, but dude where's my car?

and where's the glasgow 2005 set at higher quality?

and where's a soundboard recording from the current tour?

and guys, lets stop being negative...

I don't know where your car is?

I don't know where Glasgow 2005 set at higher quality is?

I don't know where a soundboard recording from the current tour is?

Good that you agree we should stop being negative...

Hey, I like how youve used an Ae track title for your forum name.

Cool!

God, any 320Kbps is deffo a load of bullshit. The source from that show was from a 256Mb memory stick, meaning it was recorded at a low bit rate.

you failed maths, right? :)

* 320 kilobit/sec quality

* 1h set = 3600 seconds

* 320 x 3600 = 1152000 bits = 144000 bytes = 144 megabytes

so 144 megabytes will fit on a 256mb memory stick

you failed maths, right? :)

* 320 kilobit/sec quality

* 1h set = 3600 seconds

* 320 x 3600 = 1152000 bits = 144000 bytes = 144 megabytes

so 144 megabytes will fit on a 256mb memory stick

problem is most USB mp3 players record at low bit rates.

Archived