IGNORED

Analords: how it was made

Guest AOOproductions

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh THATS the drunken rant

yeah what name did he use there? i've got pissflaps, pamflet flying around in my head but i'm pretty sure those werent the mu forum names

...nvm, wiki'd it

:P

• 1 month later...

That is the rant and that is Richard as Jess, MIke's exwife confrimed it with Rich at a party the next night. Also, Panflet in analogue heaven is/was Aphex and he also calls VST pretend synths PST's on there as well, but you can believe anything you want. Doesn't really matter.

I think certain tracks are all analog and some are a mix of sampled analog and triggered analog . Like fenix is probably the most mixed up. The vocoded?FM phrase to me sounds like it was sampled as it would be hard to speak those words and have them drop in an out of the tune in perfect time like that. So that phrase sampled. Maybe the 808 and 909 in that track are an r8. He could start and stop 808's with a midi to sync converter. There are all kinds of ways to do things.

One of his best:

Apart from electrocuting yourself what possible way could you kill

yourself with an analog synth?

Ive got a rack of modular behind my head and the shelf looks pretty

sketchy ,id hate to die under a load of modules.

Maybe you could make up an elaborate modular patch to die..killed by an

envelope generator with a really long attack.

That is the rant and that is Richard as Jess, MIke's exwife confrimed it with Rich at a party the next night. Also, Panflet in analogue heaven is/was Aphex and he also calls VST pretend synths PST's on there as well, but you can believe anything you want. Doesn't really matter.

I think certain tracks are all analog and some are a mix of sampled analog and triggered analog . Like fenix is probably the most mixed up. The vocoded?FM phrase to me sounds like it was sampled as it would be hard to speak those words and have them drop in an out of the tune in perfect time like that. So that phrase sampled. Maybe the 808 and 909 in that track are an r8. He could start and stop 808's with a midi to sync converter. There are all kinds of ways to do things.

Guest Enter a new display name

While we are discussing how Richard produced his tracks, I would like to post this drawing of mine again.

thetusslol.jpg

Guest Kenneth172
i think i've reas a short Afx interview circa analord on a spanish site & he said something about the binder etc & how the trax were made... dont remember it very well

Well thanks for that really useful bit of info. :braindance:

" 'Analord' comes from analogue, and also is the title of a

Luke Vibert track. In principal, the Analord series is made

completely from analogue equipment. Do you have a problem

with the sequencers and software?"

- Well, "Analord" is my word that I once told Luke. We're

good friends and many times we use the same words and we

both use a load of the same expressions. But the thing about

the analogue isn't true: I use sequencers all the time,

variety is the spice of lfe, my good friend.

Guest Calx Sherbet
While we are discussing how Richard produced his tracks, I would like to post this drawing of mine again.

thetusslol.jpg

it's kinda funny how that's true

It's fairly easy to tell that the GX-1 in GX-1 Solo is really a GX-1 when you compare it to the sound on Rick Van Der Linden's "GX-1" album. I had my doubts for a while as well but the drum machine and the timbre of the synth parts is exactly spot on. So I think you should change that drawing mister!

What is so hard to think about the possibility of renting studio time in studios that have that equipment and just record some songs on their equipment

he could also have the main structure finished before even going inside so he would be finished quite fast

that would also fit to his statements in interviews that he wrote the songs over years

he did write them over a long time and then went into a studio that had the setup he wanted and recorded it

What is so hard to think about the possibility of renting studio time in studios that have that equipment and just record some songs on their equipment

he could also have the main structure finished before even going inside so he would be finished quite fast

Read Panfelt's emails to AH. Either he's completely bullshitting or he has an incredibly intimate knowledge of some of the most rare gear around. I don't think you'd learn tricks for modding your Elka Synthex or how to adjust the parameters on your GX-1 without a programmer cartridge just by renting studio time. A lot of this equipment was really quite cheap right around the time he was making big cash off of RDJ Album, etc, and it seems pretty believable that like any good synth geek, he just loaded up on what turned out to be fantastic bargains.

Does anyone have the Rave Colonel's ebay history?

i have no idea how the analords were made but obviously afx must have load of equipment/synths, see this old warp news:

Richard D James releases a series of Eps on Rephlex records under the 'Analord' moniker in 2005. The 10th EP in the series is available to order now direct from Rephlex, packaged in the special limited edition binder designed to hold all of the 12"s in the series.

order page on the rephlex site here

Editions 1-9 will then be released in series throughout the first half of 2005 through the normal distribution channels (including Warpmart). The Analord series are based around analogue sounds and styles, making use of Richard’s legendary and possibly unequalled collection of analogue synths, drum machines, keys and other assorted kit he has built up over the years. The title was first used by Luke Vibert (on the 95-99 EP for Planet Mu) who also released the heavily vintage analogue-based album YosepH in 2003.

Guest hahathhat

Wasn't Analord on Lover's Acid, and not YosepH?

electronic music press releases tend to be rather halfassed.

Guest bunty

It doesn't say analord was on yoseph. lover's acid was a compilation of eps.

don't know much about vocoders or terminology but

that vocoded voice rolling through the beginning minute-2 or so of fenix funk, that is something different than the sound at 1:13 where it sounds "like..i said"

even though it sounds like it's all the same sound, it's 2 separate things.

the orig rox

"analord" by Vibert was on 95-99 Planet Mu

" 'Analord' comes from analogue, and also is the title of a

Luke Vibert track. In principal, the Analord series is made

completely from analogue equipment. Do you have a problem

with the sequencers and software?"

- Well, "Analord" is my word that I once told Luke. We're

good friends and many times we use the same words and we

both use a load of the same expressions. But the thing about

the analogue isn't true: I use sequencers all the time,

variety is the spice of lfe, my good friend.

I read an interview with Luke saying basically the opposite- That Luke coined the phrase and RDJ adopted it and convinced himself that he'd made it up. Pretty funny, actually when you imagine two Cornwallians having a temper tantrum over the origin of the title.

Archived