IGNORED

Labradford appreciation thread

Guest The Bro

Guest Promo

Listen to 'A Stable Reference' 'cause its fuckin' postrock epic lushness akin to the highs Seefeel and BOC can produce although quite different. Really just every track is as good as the next one and the highs this record enduces are quite unreal. Totally recommend ... serious epicness!!

krank006.jpg

i first heard labradford on john peel around 94 and my/our immediate thoughts were that somehow the pioneering music of FCBM (me and my flatmate's band (which here means 2 unemployed drug addicts with electric guitars, amps, pedals, radio, toys and a 4track recorder)) had leaked into the psychic ether and influenced labradford (as well as stars of the lid and soon after windy and carl and godspeed you black emperor among others) naturally we were pretty pissed off that these amaerican chancers were riding on our unheard-of coat-tails but now i just think fairplay to them. they're all very good and even though they copie our blueprint, at least they could be bothered to do something about it rather than sit around the house drinking kestrel super and doing acid

in summary yeah a stable reference is fucking mint

Guest Soothsayer

E Luxo So is up there for all-time favorite ambient albums. I'm surprised Labradford doesn't get more love from watmmfolk...

Guest Promo

Yeah, man I first heard them on Peel too although it was prolly more around 95/96. I amazed no one talks about them here though.

Guest Soothsayer

On the Chris Morris "Blue Jam" cd on Warp, they have a brilliant use of the last track on Mi Media Naranja.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This was Promo's (AKA "The Bro"'s) last thread. What could have become of him?

I hated his cat avatar. His last post was in the ugly girls thread, perhaps it was the final straw. We should have a last post thread for absent members.

it's Mark Nelson from Labradford, saw him in Dallas, super amazing musician and nice as hell...

showed me and talked about all of his gear...

Waldorf synth mod and Ensoniq sequence station....

rad

Guest sub sub

Labradford are such an amazing band. Shame they are no longer making music. I would cream myself at the thought of another release or being able to see them live.

Loving White Bird Release at the moment.

Archived