IGNORED

"aphex who presses play and then plays minesweeper"

o00o

you might be interested to know that she also presses play on records and then dances around a bit, as she did at glade... which when you think about it is better than aphex who presses play and then plays minesweeper.

I want to see that :angry:

Guest analogue wings
This xkcd comic describes the Universal Indicator EPs perfectly (except you can't get them on iTunes):

techno.png

Nice one. Now go post a comic about mullets and incest on a Southern rock forum.

i believe he's trying to say it was ridiculous to post that cartoon on a forum dedicated to electronic music and especially ridiculous that you tailored it to the UI eps and posted it in a Aphex Twin forum. i.e. if you don't like UI/techno - why don't you fuck off to some Indie music forum and post the same cartoon, where I'm sure you'll get a good reception.

i believe he's trying to say it was ridiculous to post that cartoon on a forum dedicated to electronic music and especially ridiculous that you tailored it to the UI eps and posted it in a Aphex Twin forum. i.e. if you don't like UI/techno - why don't you fuck off to some Indie music forum and post the same cartoon, where I'm sure you'll get a good reception.

yeah because the UI eps are totally works of genius :rolleyes:

you know, it's ok to not like some aphex twin stuff, really!

fake edit: god i can be such a cunt on the internet after a few drinks, hahah!

I have the UI mix CD (I don't have a turntable), and it is very good.

But you have to admit, the original versions don't variate much. Take ziggomatic v17, that track changes on pretty much every bar.

I love the analog stuff as well, though. (I apologize if my pervious comment somehow decapitated you with it's different opinion).

Guest AOOproductions

But you have to admit, the original versions don't variate much. Take ziggomatic v17, that track changes on pretty much every bar.

LOL lets compare UI to Ziggomatic v17?

UI ep's are genius yes. you should familiarize yourself with their history.

history? sure, they were made on nice equipment, and i do quite like most of the sounds on them, but it's hardly "home listening". i do admit that i would love to dance to that kind of stuff in a club or equivalent.

i mean the history of when and why they were made and what rich and mike dred were trying to achieve with the whole sound of UI and the subsequent wave of music brought about by their release.

Guest Needlenose

LOL lets compare UI to Ziggomatic v17?

More importantly, what Polygon Window tracks are as good as SAW tracks?

Archived