IGNORED

POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I think more people spell it broad but brawd is probably correct I dunno, I actually looked it up and couldn't find a defined answer for how to spell the slang term

broad [brɔːd]

adj

1. having relatively great breadth or width

2. of vast extent; spacious a broad plain

3. (postpositive) from one side to the other four miles broad

4. of great scope or potential that invention had broad applications

5. not detailed; general broad plans

6. clear and open; full (esp in the phrase broad daylight)

7. obvious or plain broad hints

8. liberal; tolerant a broad political stance

9. widely spread; extensive broad support

10. outspoken or bold a broad manner

11. vulgar; coarse; indecent a broad joke

12. unrestrained; free broad laughter

13. (Linguistics / Phonetics & Phonology) (of a dialect or pronunciation) consisting of a large number of speech sounds characteristic of a particular geographical area a broad Yorkshire accent

14. (Economics, Accounting & Finance / Banking & Finance) Finance denoting an assessment of liquidity as including notes and coin in circulation with the public, banks' till money and balances, most private-sector bank deposits, and sterling bank-deposit certificates broad money Compare narrow [7]

15. (Linguistics / Phonetics & Phonology) Phonetics

a. of or relating to a type of pronunciation transcription in which symbols correspond approximately to phonemes without taking account of allophonic variations

b.

broad a the long vowel in English words such as father, half, as represented in the received pronunciation of Southern British English

as broad as it is long amounting to the same thing; without advantage either way

n

1. the broad part of something

2. Slang chiefly US and Canadian

a. a girl or woman

b. a prostitute

3. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) Brit dialect a river spreading over a lowland See also Broads

4. (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) East Anglian dialect a shallow lake

5. (Engineering / Tools) a wood-turning tool used for shaping the insides and bottoms of cylinders

adv

widely or fully broad awake

[Old English brād; related to Old Norse breithr, Old Frisian brēd, Old High German breit, Gothic braiths]

broadly adv

broadness n

Ah watmm, they only thing that could distract attention from a woman of the forum is a grammar mistake.

Hahaha, OR MP3 players I noticed... in the New Post Your Desktop Thread:

lucypinder.jpg

do you prefer itunes or winamp? or do you need specific things from each one?

usually use winamp to play files, as it has a smaller footprint. pretty much itunes just to manage my phone & ipod, plus app store.

I lol'd

Archived