IGNORED

WATCHMEN trailer

azatoth

Thinking this movie is going to suck it.

Might be a few interesting scenes - but I predict that if a director wants to slow down his image to give an audience the feeling they are enjoying the visuals like you would reading a comic panel, then this has no business being a good, or great film.

I hate to post yet another complaint about a movie but yeah, Zach Snyder is a relatively soulless director and I have a feeling this will look a lot like the comic and that's about it. I saw an action scene where they break a guy out of prison and it looked pretty lame, super slow mo 300 style stuff going on. Comics and movies are totally different mediums, I don't know how long it's going to take for directors to understand that.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mr Salads

Whats funny is even the trailer for it has the same kind of structure 300 did. It starts off with a guy getting hit in slow mo and then falling backward.

How is fake glass cool, Im not sure

Yeah it's sort of arbitrary slow mo, like, how is this the coolest thing to slow down? I know he justifies it by saying it's the splash pages but I'll just read the comic then.

Yeah it's sort of arbitrary slow mo, like, how is this the coolest thing to slow down? I know he justifies it by saying it's the splash pages but I'll just read the comic then.

Have you guys ever seen a fight before? A sporting event? They slow it down because, especially during fights, things happen faster than the human eye can follow. Kurosawa basically invented the modern action film using this technique in Seven Samurai. I figured everyone knew this was an "action film version" of the comic book, because I know that going in I'll probably be able to enjoy it.

so what's the takeshi take on the whole total recall thing .. didn't see you in the other thread so thought i'd ask here ..

Didn't see that til just now? It's fucking ridiculous. There is no way this could be good. I mean whose gonna play the jive-talking cabby? It'll probably have a cgi Kuato and he'll be cute, like a plush doll. Pfft whatever... I stopped taking things like this seriously when I heard they'd planned on remaking Ikiru a few years ago.

kuato4.jpg

well as long as they don't remake conan .. i'm cool for now .. i can always not watch all these other bad movies .. but the conan remake will actually hurt deeply ...

almost as badly as the second conan did ... heheh

Guest Mr Salads

Have you guys ever seen a fight before? A sporting event? They slow it down because, especially during fights, things happen faster than the human eye can follow. Kurosawa basically invented the modern action film using this technique in Seven Samurai. I figured everyone knew this was an "action film version" of the comic book, because I know that going in I'll probably be able to enjoy it.

Well im happy you will enjoy it, I will try my best as well

delet: they are remaking Conan. Millennium Films/Nu Image. Sorry man.

I'm gonna repost this, because fuck it, if you think the film is going to completely suck you need to see it.

As far as I'm concerned, that IS Watchmen right there. Even if some of the action elements are a bit off, Rorshach is fucking nailed.

Well im happy you will enjoy it, I will try my best as well

delet: they are remaking Conan. Millennium Films/Nu Image. Sorry man.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :omg:

Guest Caustic
I'm gonna repost this, because fuck it, if you think the film is going to completely suck you need to see it.

As far as I'm concerned, that IS Watchmen right there. Even if some of the action elements are a bit off, Rorshach is fucking nailed.

Looks pretty good. Was a bit meh when i heard they'd changed the ending, and Ror's voice is probably gonna grate on me after a while, but its close enough to how i imagined it.

will be seeing it the day it's out.

also, total recall remake = heartbroken.

Guest Caustic

Mask is made of some special material he picked up from working in a clothes factory.

Shifts white and black ink around between two layers of latex, iirc.

Guest Caustic

It's three hours long.

Better get the supersize popcorn, man.

Fanboys would probably bitch if it were shorter. To be fair, looks like it'd be hard to compress.

Has this been posted yet?

Archived