IGNORED

WATCHMEN trailer

azatoth

Guest analogue wings
nah, From Hell is one of the greatest works of LITERATURE from the last century.......

Nothing personal Atop, but normally when I read a comment like that, I wonder how many regular books the person has read. IMHO.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

Yeah and it's really good. But there are an awful lot of really good books out there...

Guest catsonearth
ATOP said Watchmen (the movie) would rule. I was just pointing out that it's being made by the director of 300 (a shit movie that alan moore himself rightly called racist, homophobic and stupid), and there's absolutely no reason to believe this guy will make a good film of watchmen. all the trailer shows is that he has used the comic as "storyboards" just like he did with 300.

he didn't say the movie was racist, homophobic and stupid, he said the book was all those things and that he hadn't seen the movie. which just reinforces the fact that zack snyder did a pretty good adaptation of the comic because all of the negative aspects of the film were carry overs from negative aspects of the comic. it's not like he went in and added the stuff himself. he's faithful to his source material. since the watchmen isn't racist, homophobic and stupid, if he follows trend the adaptation wont be either.

and Moore is brilliant.....

not all of his writings are but when he is on he is fucking on.....

and Watchmen is him being on.......

300 was a good adaptation maybe half an hour too long. the book is pretty short so i couldn't think how they were going to make a whole movie out of it without adding so much crap, and that's what they ended up doing. and watchmen seems the opposite, how can they cram all of it in one movie? how much important things they will have to cut from the story and still make it a good movie storywise or even flowwise? I dont know. But just that trailer is amazing.

Guest telikan

lol, now they're just making shit up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/ap_en_...ames_watchmen_2

LOS ANGELES - "Watchmen" is already getting a prequel — and the film's not out until next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Warner Bros. announced Wednesday it will release an episodic downloadable video game developed by Deadline Games that will prequel next year's big-screen adaptation of the "Watchmen" graphic novel pegged to the film's March debut. Another game that will take place following the first game will be released later in 2009 at the same time as the "Watchmen" DVD.

In the games, players will be able to combat foes as the pointy-eared Nite Owl (played by Patrick Wilson in the film) and inkblot mask-wearing Rorschach (Jackie Earle Haley). The mature action-brawler will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC and will match the visual style of the film, which is being directed by "300" director Zach Snyder.

"Watchmen" is set in an alternate world where superheroes have been outlawed. The landmark graphic novel, written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons, won a Hugo Award in 1988. The film adaptation is set for release March 6, 2009, and also stars Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan, Carla Gugino as Silk Spectre and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian.

someone with huge balls should make Frank Millers return of the dark knight into a film. i read it on a suggestion here from watmm, good shit!

i just recently read it, it is great. i love all these "superheroes in the future" stories.

i just recently read it, it is great. i love all these "superheroes in the future" stories.

speaking of which have you checked out Miracleman ? i think its equally as good as watchmen and mimics it in many ways. When alan moore wrote watchmen he took all the same ideas :alien invasion, placing a cartoonish super hero into the real world, having the lines between villain and hero blurred then chopped them up turned them inside out

crap i just read this last night sounds amazing

In 1987 Moore submitted a proposal for a miniseries called Twilight of the Superheroes, the title a pun on Richard Wagner's opera Twilight of the Gods. The series was set in the future of the DC Universe, where the world is ruled by superheroic dynasties, including the House of Steel (presided over by Superman and Wonder Woman) and the House of Thunder (consisting of the Marvel family). These two houses are about to unite through a dynastic marriage, their combined power potentially threatening freedom, and several characters, including John Constantine, attempt to stop it and free humanity from the power of superheroes. The series would also have restored the DC Universe's multiple earths, which had been eliminated in the continuity-revising 1985 miniseries Crisis on Infinite Earths. The series was never commissioned, but copies of Moore's detailed notes have appeared on the Internet and in print despite the efforts of DC, who consider the proposal their property. Similar elements, such as the concept of hypertime, have since appeared in DC comics. The 1996 miniseries Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross, was also set amid a superheroic conflict in the future of the DC universe. Waid and Ross have stated that they had read the Twilight proposal before starting work on their series, but that any similarities are both minor and unintended.

speaking of which have you checked out Miracleman ? i think its equally as good as watchmen and mimics it in many ways. When alan moore wrote watchmen he took all the same ideas :alien invasion, placing a cartoonish super hero into the real world, having the lines between villain and hero blurred then chopped them up turned them inside out

gonna do it now thx

I am excited. I am hoping it keeps some philosophical themes of the book but I doubt it will. I am also interested if they will do an "alternate reality" type thing as was in the book.

lol by the way at how it looks like all the superheroes are twenty three. I guess they needed a hot babe to pander to the comic book perverts. Double lol if there is a random topless scene in the movie. lol.

Rorschach should really be more monotone too. I guess I am getting picky. I just hope it is better than V for Vendetta.

I have high hopes for this. It looks great in trailer but I guess we'll know... when? Yeah, when excatly is this coming out? I know I could just scroll to look for it but i'm lazy...

I have high hopes for this. It looks great in trailer but I guess we'll know... when? Yeah, when excatly is this coming out? I know I could just scroll to look for it but i'm lazy...

March 6, 2009. Tales of the Black Freighter DVD released March 11.

Guest Iain C
nah, From Hell is one of the greatest works of LITERATURE from the last century.......

Nothing personal Atop, but normally when I read a comment like that, I wonder how many regular books the person has read. IMHO.

So with you man. I don't read comics yet I'm succeeding on an English Literature degree... HOW??

Well, don't swing your 'English Literature' dick around trying to belittle comics when you've never read one, and I know you like Maus, so you have read one, and liked one.

So there! :angry:

Guest Iain C

Ok, I read one and liked it so much that the final page is permanantly tear-stained. It's not like you've given me a whole load of follow-up motherfucker. Some guy I know keeps telling me to read the Watchmen ("but don't read ANYTHING ABOUT IT first!")

So lend me a copy, if you have one

Archived