IGNORED

WATCHMEN trailer

azatoth

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

looks incredibly promising yah you can say what you want about trailers but I believe they show enough dynamics in the movie to prove it will be good.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
i just sat here and wrote up a whole review of the new trailer but then i erased it after realizing what i fag i am :(

that is pretty faggish, -11 points

• 4 weeks later...

i watched the behind the scenes clips on youtube and i got more excited to see this movie. they are putting an insane amount of detail into this movie, and it looks like they are shooting it panel by panel.

and it looks like they are shooting it panel by panel.

yes this is very true, which makes it even more painful for me the they decided to change the ending

why pillage/recreate the visuals so 100% perfectly and then egotistically think you can make a better ending than Alan moore did?

it seems very counter intuitive to me.

danbasement.jpg

rubeye.jpg

I'm really, really excited about this film. Part of me is still hoping for the squid, even though it's not likely.

On a related note, I met Alan Moore and his wife the other week. Absolute gentleman and legend

yes this is very true, which makes it even more painful for me the they decided to change the ending

why pillage/recreate the visuals so 100% perfectly and then egotistically think you can make a better ending than Alan moore did?

i'll withhold judgement about this until i see the movie. maybe the changed ending works better for film. the squid could be replaced with something else, as long as the basic idea stays the same.

i'll withhold judgement about this until i see the movie. maybe the changed ending works better for film. the squid could be replaced with something else, as long as the basic idea stays the same.

ive already read what the ending is going to be, and for me personally it drastically changes its impact and seems to be almost inspired by the ending of the Dark Knight moreso than the original alan moore story

danbasement.jpg

rubeye.jpg

I'm really, really excited about this film. Part of me is still hoping for the squid, even though it's not likely.

On a related note, I met Alan Moore and his wife the other week. Absolute gentleman and legend

haha did you talk to alan moore about his unhappiness of watchmen being butchered?

don't get me wrong, im going to enjoy this movie but im only going to be able to with while attending movie with shield.

the shield will be me knowing that the ending will be significantly changed, im not having high hopes for the ending at all.

if Watchmen had a pretty standard ending in the comic book i probably wouldn't care, but imo it has on of the interesting emotional climaxes of any story i've read. I don't trust the guy who made 300 to come up with a better ending than what was originally written.

I wish someone had the balls to do watchmen proper! unfortunately with how much money is being spent on this

the closest thing to that we'll probably ever get is watchmen motion comics

Nah I didn't dare in case he was annoyed with the whole topic! I had a little chat with him about From Hell as that's my favourite, and the projects he is working on at the moment. If I had of asked though, I don't think he would of minded answering. He's a very gracious man, extremely pleasant and down to earth. He told me he's writing a compendium about magic with a pop-up temple in the middle, haha

Nah I didn't dare in case he was annoyed with the whole topic! I had a little chat with him about From Hell as that's my favourite, and the projects he is working on at the moment. If I had of asked though, I don't think he would of minded answering. He's a very gracious man, extremely pleasant and down to earth. He told me he's writing a compendium about magic with a pop-up temple in the middle, haha

yes his magic encyclopedia looks fucking excellent, its like the illustrated children's quide to Alister Crowley' magick!

• 1 month later...

That was cool. I'm still hoping to God the original ending is included, no matter what comes before if they pussy out on that the entire film will be ruined for me.

That was cool. I'm still hoping to God the original ending is included, no matter what comes before if they pussy out on that the entire film will be ruined for me.

when you think about it, the whole squid outta fucking nowhere thing is pretty silly, i am thinking the altered ending might work better.

You are the now the coolest person on watmm...

I was for meeting Mr James...

but since then I have become more of a fan of Moore's writing and From Hell is indeed his best work....

His new work is what I have wanted my whole life but never knew it...

LUCKY!

One of the few good points in living in such a shithole mate. Alan is very vocal about his love for Northampton, and spends a lot of time around the town center (I saw him out and about shopping literally yesterday). Even before I had read any of his books, I'd seen him out and about for years, yet noone hassles him (which I've heard is why he stays here). My friend works in the main shopping center in town and spots him at least every week. It's a very surreal experience getting your bits in Sainsburys and seeing him at the checkout and thinking "fuck, that dude wrote so many of my favourite books".

One of the few good points in living in such a shithole mate. Alan is very vocal about his love for Northampton, and spends a lot of time around the town center (I saw him out and about shopping literally yesterday). Even before I had read any of his books, I'd seen him out and about for years, yet noone hassles him (which I've heard is why he stays here). My friend works in the main shopping center in town and spots him at least every week. It's a very surreal experience getting your bits in Sainsburys and seeing him at the checkout and thinking "fuck, that dude wrote so many of my favourite books".

Did you know that the novel called "Jerusalem" that he has been writing for a few years now (which will supposedly be 600 pages or something) is set in and about Northampton? Voice of the fire was all set in Northampton as well but I think this will be set in more recent times and contain more of his "psychogeograhical" approach to the history of the place. I'd imagine a book like that would have so much more resonance to someone who lives there.

when you think about it, the whole squid outta fucking nowhere thing is pretty silly, i am thinking the altered ending might work better.

you are soooo fucking wrong its not even funny

I have all of the cbr'z, but have yet to read them....

Have heard they are great though...

I have a trade-back that I got when I was young, need to find sumanabitch...

Archived