IGNORED

WATCHMEN trailer

azatoth

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, I'm really looking forwards to it. I keep meaning to pick up Voice Of The Fire, but I've got a massive pile of books I'm plowing through at the moment.

There are certain chapters in Voice Of The Fire that are absolutely mind-blowing. It's called a novel but really it's more of a collection of short stories that have connected elements and each one is written in a different style. Don't let the first chapter put you off reading these rest of it though, it put me (and many others) off initially as it is written in a half formed neanderthal language. That sounds like a great concept but when you sit down and try to immerse yourself in it for a couple of hours it does your head in.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse
Those animated itunes comics are really great. It re-inforced the narration of the graphic novel. It's not done in a cheesy way.

thanks for mentioning this, looked it to and im downloading chapter 5 of the watchmen motion comic, i am a lazy reader but I got through the first 4 chapters pretty quick

Yay a DVD will be released of the entire motion comic version!

I love how it's basically like an audiobook of the novel. It lets the reader (viewer?) breathe the story. The music is really well done too. It's more fitting much better than Tyler "I fucking stole and got pwn by the law" Bates.

sorry to be a huge prick but if you guys havent read Miracleman you need to get off your fucking asses and do it immediately seriously. It was written before Watchmen but it's like a sister novel to Watchmen, it has a lot of the same themes, but inverted in a really interesting way.

It can't be bought as a reprint since the rights are still in limbo but can be easily found as CBR files online

It's also probably the most epic thing Moore has done besides Swamp Thing

New viral video - The Keene Act & YOU

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

yes, was about to post this up.....

fucking cool!

I think I like the Dr Manhattan film more....

great marketing ideas indeed!

can't wait to see the live action 'Tales of the Black Freighter' dvd!!!

can't wait to see the live action 'Tales of the Black Freighter' dvd!!!

its not live action anymore :( , but still coming out as an animated feature

i think gerald butler was going to play the main character but couldn't because of his schedule part of why they scrapped it

ahhh, I was hoping for live action, but I guess it was too brutal or summat.....

'Under The Hood' should be interesting....

first film I am actually excited about all of the extra material attached....

what other films have had this much interesting promotion before hand?

none that come to mind....

can think of some albums....

never looked into any of the hype surrounding the sequels...

'Donnie Darko' had a site that I checked out after I saw the film...

the only film (besides 'Watchmen') that I have ever cared about any extra shit attached to it...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Salads

Thinking this movie is going to suck it.

Might be a few interesting scenes - but I predict that if a director wants to slow down his image to give an audience the feeling they are enjoying the visuals like you would reading a comic panel, then this has no business being a good, or great film.

Archived