IGNORED

w

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I will not be seeing this solely because of how bad Alexander was. I refuse to give Mr. Stone any more of my money. The only thing that makes me curious is whether this will be a satire or if it will try to drum up some sympathy for poor ole Dubya.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only awesome thing about this movie is the backlash it will inevitably receive from right-wing internet commentators in the form of "Post your comments about this article" posts on news sites.

Guest analogue wings
so i understand we're already making commentary on the film's characterizations after seeing a solid 30 seconds of it.

see watchmen thread

the only awesome thing about this movie is the backlash it will inevitably receive from right-wing internet commentators in the form of "Post your comments about this article" posts on news sites.

You should have a good LOL reading the YouTube comments, then

Someone needs to put a bullet in Oliver Stone...

lol whats with the hostility? i thought it looked funny

It's been 11 years since he has made anything worth mentioning. I mean... Alexander? World Trade Center? And now this? Mega LOLz0rs!

Guest Iain C

You should have a good LOL reading the YouTube comments, then

The creme-de-la-creme of right-wing American outrage will always be Free Republic. It's fucking hilarious but really hard to troll the comments because even legitimate, moderate left-wing opinions can get you banned. It's better to pretend to be as ridiculously conservative as possible and try not to get rumbled, but the kind of responses you get can be depressing.

Guest Iain C

Typical Freep response:

Oliver Stone is a Marxist who hates America just like Obama and everyone who votes for him. If this movie is released and Stone isn’t tried for treason and hung, then America is finished.

This could, honestly, not be a troll.

Yeah the posts on the IMDB board leave me with slightly more hope for humanity than the posts on YouTube.

Only slightly though.

FreeRepublic makes me ill, I used to read it once in a while when I was more interested in american politics, it's just a scary place.

• 2 months later...
Guest awkward

this is out. anyone see it yet?

its playing at ur second closest theater but i haven't been there yet as it usually shows asian cinema.

our local is playing some bullshit called 'man on wire'. could i care less?

This movie was okay. I liked it, wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I wouldn't disuade anyone from seeing it either. It's a little bit sympathetic to GW in-so-much as it paints him as a generally well meaning guy who's just really naieve. Cheney's the bad guy in this movie. It's not an anti-bush movie by any stretch, I think Stone was trying to make a fair portrayal. It's weird watching movies that are loose interpretations of recent events. My favorite parts were the ones that were lifted directly from actual conversations/press conferences. The rest was all "this is what might have happened, sort of" according to Oliver Stone.

i thought this was possibly Oliver Stone's worst film besides Alexander.

Even Oliver Stone's early horror movies like 'The Hand' was better than this

dont go see this expecting artistic film making like Nixon

this movie couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a David Zucker/Naked gun like parody, an empathetic Nixon like flashback induced drama, or a politically pointed critique of the bush administration

IT unsuccessfully tried to be all 3 at the same time, and imo failed at each one individually amounting to a very rushed, flawed, and unevened toned movie.

The tone was so wacky and uneven the only movie i can really compare it to of Stone's before was U-turn or Natural born killers, but even those movies while being very masturbatory 'edgey' teen appealing movies, they were still a lot harder worked on and more artful than W.

Brolin was pretty good i guess, but still did not capture the full essence and subtly of bush

Archived