IGNORED

Why do some of their albums begin silently?

Guest Enter a new display name

LP5, Confield, Gantz Graf, Draft 7.30 and Untilted all begin with a really low sound. WHY?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

because you should listen to those albums backwards so they'd have a silent ending, duh

I know my thread sounds ridiculous, however there must be a reason behind this.

Guest spraaaa

one time I started listening to draft 7.30 loud enough so those little white noise sounds at the beginning were perfectly easy to hear, when the rest of the beat started I noticed they didn't actually stop but were kind of flowing with it and getting folded in and out, it was awesome.

Guest moo duck

excluding extravaganta artistic approach, it is clearly like everyone said, now my turn, it is hint for listener to listen maximum closely. some layers are not less important than lead sections, but they need to be very deep into texture, so it's just a little reminder.

I just noticed that the start of Pontin's Holiday Park, after the early techno thing, the beat clangs around in the silence before getting loud....just like the start of each album...

Guest assegai
Maybe so you turn up the volume unknowingly.

I did that with gantz graf and almost spontaneously combusted when the beats started.

Guest hahathhat

the first ten seconds of an autechre album are always a hi-freq hearing test. if it's quiet, you're going deaf, get your ass to a doctor

Guest Arctandem

If you really boost the beginning silence on Gantz Graf, you can hear the beginning of the song, just 'muted' (but not really), before it starts a second time. Apparently in the original it just started without the silence, but somewhere they decided against it.

Archived