IGNORED

Weakest and/or most annoying BoC moment

lumpenprol

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest slow_this_world_down
Mine would have to be the "record-like spin-down" end to Chromakey Dreamcoat. Every time I hear the song I cringe in anticipation of it. Nearly ruins the track for me.

Are you kidding me? That part totally makes the song for me!

Guest glitch191

Chromakey Dreamcoat is awesome! The best track of The Campfire Headphase! :laughing: Weak moment I could say would be some of Geogaddi tracks. I didn't get into some of them.

Mine would have to be the "record-like spin-down" end to Chromakey Dreamcoat. Every time I hear the song I cringe in anticipation of it. Nearly ruins the track for me.

Yeah I hate that part

And Geogaddi is awesome

Are you kidding me? That part totally makes the song for me!

I agree... the bit that comes in afterwards makes my hair stand on end

Guest Archrival

I love that part in chromakey dreamcoat :cool:

but one of the voices that repeats in a loop all the time in the part that comes after is kind of annoying..

Guest glitch191
but one of the voices that repeats in a loop all the time in the part that comes after is kind of annoying..

For example Sixtyten??? :wink2:

Guest contrapunctus

Energy Warning, I guess it means well

Probably their most half assed interlude song ever, why'd they even bother, they actually seemed to trivialize the topic

Yeah, that's the bit where I really start to get into the album. I've always thought of it as a tape getting stuck rather than a record spinning down. The bit afterwards is a bit distorted like the tape's been chewed up and it fits with BoC's 'tape left on a car dashboard' description of the album.

Sir Prancelot Brainfire despite is brilliance and being one of the best old tunes tracks - theres a nagging feeling thats its a cover version of sorts that doesnt sit well with me for some reason.

Dandelion because of the appearance of Frank Drebin brings me out of BoCs world.

Sir Prancelot Brainfire despite is brilliance and being one of the best old tunes tracks - theres a nagging feeling thats its a cover version of sorts that doesnt sit well with me for some reason.

Dandelion because of the appearance of Frank Drebin brings me out of BoCs world.

It's actually Leslie Neilson on that track. :excl:

STWD, you could benefit from either a sense of humor or an IMDB search.

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
I believe Frank Drebin was Leslie Nielsen's character's name in the Naked Gun films.

Guest BunnyRabbit

It is a cover version of sorts. Let it nag you no longer. It's the theme music from The Adventures Of Sir Prancelot. The original music is by theme music hero (to me anyway) Alan Parker ( see also the prototype BOCness of My World). BOC's version expands on the original significantly.

I don't see it as a weak moment in that it shows a more versatile side of BOC. Could be considered annoying though I suppose.

STWD, you could benefit from either a sense of humor or an IMDB search.

Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide...
I believe Frank Drebin was Leslie Nielsen's character's name in the Naked Gun films.

Mehh.... I had no idea. The_More_You_Know_4-749146.jpg

Yeah, that's the bit where I really start to get into the album. I've always thought of it as a tape getting stuck rather than a record spinning down. The bit afterwards is a bit distorted like the tape's been chewed up and it fits with BoC's 'tape left on a car dashboard' description of the album.

hmmm, actually, yeah, that's probably correct

also, could somebody explain to me how BoC can claim the album is all washed-out-lo-fi-70s-road trip-cassette-tape-whatever ambiance when only a couple of the tracks actually sound this way? where's the wobbly acoustic guitar on dayvan cowboy, or ostre? the only tracks i can think of which actually have that sort of sound are rainbow vein, chromakey, and 84 pontiac dream ... everything else sounds very clean and crisp

Archived