IGNORED

SAWII-CD2-Track 03 ("Shiny Metal Rods")

triachus

people talk a lot about Selected Ambient Works Volume 2, but rarely about this track

and the very few times i've heard people talk about this track, it was all full of praise

am i the only one who doesn't like this track?

to me, it distrupts the flow of the album

its not even an ambient song

and its not even a very good song

this was clearly meant to be a pisstake track

richard especially made this track to annoy me, he just knew that i rarely skip tracks and that i usually decide to sit trough it

and he even put it on the disc where most of my favourite tracks are

fuck this track with a shiny metal rod!

reply in this thread to agree with me, or to disagree and call me a silly person (or something else wich you consider fitting)

I think the whole album is full of awful tracks, this being one of the main offenders.

For a long time I just gave up on the album, even though some of the songs I absolutely adore (Rhubarb being the mian one of course). I don't like taking songs out of context of their albums either a lot of the time... I feel guilty like I'm disrespecting the artist. But eventually I gave in and whittled the album down to 1 cd's worth of tracks I actually like, and I listen to that LOADS.

We shouldn't forget that all the tracks are supposed to carry the spirit of dreams though. Shiny Metal Rods did make a lot of sense to me when I was listening to it while being incredibly tired. There are dreams like that too, even the unfitting harshness makes it dream-esque I think. Blue Calx (being a beautiful track after all) actually seems less dreamlike to me than this one...maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the kind, or it's because Rich made it more to represent himself or something.

We shouldn't forget that all the tracks are supposed to carry the spirit of dreams though. Shiny Metal Rods did make a lot of sense to me when I was listening to it while being incredibly tired. There are dreams like that too, even the unfitting harshness makes it dream-esque I think. Blue Calx (being a beautiful track after all) actually seems less dreamlike to me than this one...maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the kind, or it's because Rich made it more to represent himself or something.

Agree, totally.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I love every track on the album. except tassels. it bugs me how nobody ever complains about it. I think it's quite obnoxious

But i like shiny metal rods, regardless of the intended genre the album name suggested

I love this track and the entire album. That doesn't stand for everything rdj puts out, but as far as saw II goes it's perfect to me. Regardless of how complex or non-complex some of the tracks may or may not be, the vibe of the album sits just right.

I love this track and the entire album. That doesn't stand for everything rdj puts out, but as far as saw II goes it's perfect to me. Regardless of how complex or non-complex some of the tracks may or may not be, the vibe of the album sits just right.

Guest assegai

Agreed.

At first I thought it didn't fit well, however now I know if it wasn't there I'd miss it.

The only album I rate as perfect.

Guest goodwillsidis
This is actually one of my favourite tracks on the album.

2nd'd-- I think this track is very useful for beatmakers to study closely. So much momentum is created out of so little material... and imo, that's why it's on SAWII, an album that's epically successful in finding immense depth through restraint.

I wonder if love for this track correllates at all with weed smokage? It definitely requires full attention and a little bit of benefit of the doubt at first to really fall into, but once you fall,.... doonchikaCHACK!chicakdoonchickaCHACK! yeeaaaah boyeee

Guest Calx Sherbet

It's kind of like every track leading up to it is a soundtrack to being in a dream- like state. And then shiny metal rods is the rude awakening

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed.

At first I thought it didn't fit well, however now I know if it wasn't there I'd miss it.

The only album I rate as perfect.

nuff said

Guest Calx Sherbet

This is probably old news to you guys. But on the CD version of SAW II, there was (for disc 2) 13 pics on the fold-out with all the corresponding pictures, but disc 2 only had 12 tracks. what the hell?!

This is probably old news to you guys. But on the CD version of SAW II, there was (for disc 2) 13 pics on the fold-out with all the corresponding pictures, but disc 2 only had 12 tracks. what the hell?!

lol

Guest Calx Sherbet

lol. dumbasses.

Dragon, could you PM me about the disc 2 pics? I can't really tell which ones go with what tracks. I'm guessing you know

Archived