IGNORED

Mr. Oizo - Lambs Anger

Guest KY

i feel like analog worms attack is difficult to pin with this album, and transsexual and the steak ost, etc. i don't really consider that when listening to his recent stuff.

the stand out tracks for me are z and positif, but I don't like this record as much as moustache.

yeah i think besides those two Hun and Cut20dick are probably the most interesting. The rest honestly sounds very throw away to me.

I thought the transexual EP was excellent, all of the tracks on it stood on their own. On this record you can tell which tracks like 'bruce willis is dead' are total filler, its a shame too because i think this would work better as an 8 track EP instead of a 17 track album. It seems a tad weak with so much filler as it is now

also whats Oizo's new fascination with the 15 year old blaring trance music lead sound (that has in the last 5 years repopularized itself in american hip hop) it sounds fucking terrible on every song he uses it here.

the songs W, Lars Von Sen, Steroids, Jo, bruce willis is dead are definitively at least for me the worst songs Oizo has ever produced

i can see what you mean; the tracks definitely reflect the amount of work put into them and some seem really quickly built. some tracks I feel have a lot of potential, but would really work better mixed behind/with something else in a set. i guess at that point it's just personal taste; at the same time Jo is a great extension from Patrick122 towards more straight bubblegum, and I think Hun sounds a bit too contrived, given his ed banger affiliation.

i value your opinion sir!

p.s. the 15 year old blaring trance music lead is so funny in pointure 2.

and very interesting take on moustache; I always felt a lot of it was filler, but never considered it as obtuse experiments in electronic production methodology.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the songs W, Lars Von Sen, Steroids, Jo, bruce willis is dead are definitively at least for me the worst songs Oizo has ever produced

i haven't finished listening to the album fully, but jo!? i totally disagree, it's a cute song. it totally channels french house from the 90s, i love it!

Guest Glass Plate
Jackson and his Computer Band, is that you?

Hehe, just kidding... you can really tell they were room mates though. I may just pick this one up.

I was just saying to myself after listening to this album that I would LOVE to hear a new jackson album, I didn't even know they where room mates where did you find that tidbit of information? (I just had never heard)

Hehe, just kidding... you can really tell they were room mates though. I may just pick this one up.

I was just saying to myself after listening to this album that I would LOVE to hear a new jackson album, I didn't even know they where room mates where did you find that tidbit of information? (I just had never heard)

I recall someone else mentioning it here a while back. So really I have no idea if they were actually room mates, but it would certainly explain a lot.

that bruce willis is dead song sounds like its made for 11 year olds. that blaring trance lead almost gives me a heart attack its so bad.

i can just imagine the hipsters now loving this on the dance floor when it cuts in 'oh DEWD did you hear what that said BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD, hes not right?! HAHAHA THATS SO FUCKING COOL/ EDGEY SIck'

excellent.

maximum volume yields maximum results.

yes so does skipping a few tracks! :beer: with that being said it is an excellent LP (- 3,4 songs)

but never considered it as obtuse experiments in electronic production methodology.

when i first heard it i thought it was randomly generated casio beats and total wank. im not sure obtuse experimental music is quite the right word. But i think the album still sounds rather fresh even after a lot of people have been influenced by it's production.

the overly smashed but still really bassy percussion and sloppy but good sounding cutups. Also the flavor of his edits on this LP sounds like they were all done with a dj mixer and vinyl, it has a very organic live sound to it unlike a lot of electronic music from the time. i think set the stage for people like Clark, Flying Lotus, and of course Jackson and his computer band which sounds like a Mr Oizo production (and in comparisons is probably the most similar cd out to mustache)

i haven't finished listening to the album fully, but jo!? i totally disagree, it's a cute song. it totally channels french house from the 90s, i love it!

i mean its not atrocious its just very lazily done, its 2 locked grooves interchanging the entire time and sounds like kind of a ripoff of Jaydee donuts. i guess its catchy, i just know oizo is a lot more skilled.

wow. this sounds shitty as fuck.

i never understood the fuss around the usual techno frogs aka mr oizo, justice, tellier, sebastian, kavinsky etc. they all suck cock to me. they try too hard. and wtf is it with all that boom boom crap for nightclub slubs?

sluts

i never understood the fuss around the usual techno frogs aka mr oizo, justice, tellier, sebastian, kavinsky etc. they all suck cock to me. they try too hard. and wtf is it with all that boom boom crap for nightclub slubs?

i dont think its fair to lump mr oizo in with all those guys, i personally think they are all heavily influenced by him.

Check out Analogue worms attack and Mustache to hear what really good oizo is like, if you still think its 'techno' then you may be beyond hope

also what's your definition of trying to hard? because of a lot the ed banger stuff sounds like it was produced in 1 hour

sluts

i agree.

so lame.

I recall someone else mentioning it here a while back. So really I have no idea if they were actually room mates, but it would certainly explain a lot.

I posted this here after reading that somewhere online. I think it was on one of their last.fm pages. But I can't find any information on it now, so who really knows.

I posted this here after reading that somewhere online. I think it was on one of their last.fm pages. But I can't find any information on it now, so who really knows.

i've read it as well, and on the discogs page for Smash ( http://www.discogs.com/release/521934 ) it says

Quentin Dupieux aka Mr. Oizo mixed 2 of the tracks

Guest Glass Plate

god damn I really am hankering for a new jackson production, I want to know what the guy is up to.

But not to change subject of this thread, Oizo is definitely not just some techno, and it's pretty absurd that you would even quickly tag him as that. I could see that if this is the only album of his you've heard, but seriously most of his earlier works are for more advanced in the act of modern electronic song writing. This album is just mixing his production style with more digestible song formats.

I don't like this much, does sound incredibly similar to Justice and other stuff which gets incredibly overplayed by the hipster contingent here.

However, Analog Worms Attack is a massive album and Oizo clearly was an early influence for a lot of the wonky house and hip hop that's popular now, so I can't hate on him too much.

M seq is a great minimal techno track.

Im really REALLY liking Hun....great old electro track...but yeah,m his randomness is sorta offputting to me....although i love the idea of coming up with great hooks and then immediately switching to something really obtuse.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this going to be a "domestic" release for we Americans? Amazon has it listed at the princely sum of $35.99 and as Hall and Oates once said, I can't go for that.

Also, whoever answers, please let a brother know where you can find this information out because I failed when I tried to search.

it's technically not out til november 17, i think

Archived