IGNORED

list of crap music software

qnio

i remember one time i had no clue about making music on a computer, and i was looking for something i could use to "play drums". in reality, what i was looking for was a sequencer to program drum patterns. eventually, i found something called "groove agent"; i was really excited about it, until i installed it. it is, imo, the most uncreative piece of crap i've ever seen. what's yours?

I used to use Hammerhead Rhythm Station, Bell Labs online text-to-speech synthesis, and Sound Recorder to make tunes when I was about 13.

i used hammerhead, acid 1.0 and rebirth to make music for a short time when i was in my early teens. thankfully i eventually came to my senses and returned to fasttracker2, then stumbled across buzz.

a shitty freeware windows app called buzzsaw or something like that

little drummer boy

sound recorder

this was eight or nine years ago when i was twelve or thirteen.

then i moved to fruity loops. lol

Guest Drahken

Mixman, (insert genre) eJay, Hammerhead, Acid LE..those are probably the crap of the bunch.

An old copy of Cubase for Atari ST and some music oddities from that era were the first 'good' pieces of software I dabbled in.

Rebirth/Cubase (3?) was probably the first software that I really was impressed with.

(insert genre) eJay,

lol, I totally forgot about hiphop eJay until I read your post. I think I a copy of hiphop ebay at a gamestop when I was 12...

Guest hahathhat

NI MASSIF

no seriously, i changed my mind, eat my words, i like NI Massive now. SORRY

anyways, when i was like 12 i got this program in a pack of bundleware called ROCK RAP N' ROLL that claimed to let you WRITE MUSIC!! i was pissed when i found out all you could do was select from a couple crappy builtin loops and corny fx. i was young, but already i'd dug into my adlib soundcard's included sequencing software and this was cakefart in comparison

Reason

Buzz, lol *runs*

Buzz can be really powerful, but the learning curve is retarded. I had to read the manual every step of the way when I learned it years ago.

magix music maker

ejay

skaletracker

i used to use magix music maker... and made some pretty good stuff with it.. its fine if you think outside of the box and dont use any presets.

yeah, it is.

I started my career with "Music" on playstation 1. it's pretty rad.

Archived