IGNORED

DJ Food - Sexy Bits (Autechre Ae9v Mix)

BobDobalina

This track fucking owns, been head nodding to it on repeat for like the last week straight. Hence the neck sprain.

Cool thing about this this song is that there's no real original version of it, "sexy bits" were just spoken word samples tacked on the end of the Jazz Brakes records. I imagine autechre just took one, chopped the shit out of it to make the rhythm track, over which they basically created an entirely new production.

I love it when autechre bring overt elements of hiphop into their production like this, probably why I'm into the Ae & gescom releases from the mid-90s so much. Some of y'all might disagree, but for me it's probably the biggest thing missing in their more recent releases.

you don't hear the hip hop in their later materials? augmatic disport? ipacial section? rale? perlence subrange 3? all of draft? huh?

but yeah... there was a time when this track sexy bits was in constant rotation! i was actually listening to this track a lot when i created "abandoned bike"

Archived