IGNORED

U2

Guest assegai

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

posting about u2 is as bad as it gets. the really have nothing to say anymore and the music seems to reflect this too.

when i see them on tv playing live (was it the grammies?) i shudder thinking that radiohead will become u2 in 10 years time. they've already started infact

Guest zaphod

yeah that 15 step at the grammys was the first sign that they're on that path.

U2 were a great band through zooropa, i don't know what happened to them after that

Guest assegai
posting about u2 is as bad as it gets. the really have nothing to say anymore and the music seems to reflect this too.

when i see them on tv playing live (was it the grammies?) i shudder thinking that radiohead will become u2 in 10 years time. they've already started infact

I think when a band has a bunch of really good songs it's hard to let go...

Seriously tho, each album of theirs gets more mellow and uninspired, it's like they aren't even aware of their own backcatalog. I kind of liked (didn't hate) the last few records but with so much hype around this one it's time to just play the classics.

Guest Rambo

radiohead are actually into music though

i've listened to this album twice now. it's not the worst thing i've ever heard, but it's just a little embarrassing.

i don't really care what bono says or does these days. but I loved Unforgettable Fire through Achtung Baby so much, it's just a little hard for me to see them go out like this. these hugely promoted, ridiculous singles are a shame. Boots is bad, but no worse than Vertigo (every time i hear him yell "quatorze!" I weep).

they're just keeping the motor running on the big expensive machine now and it's a shame because classic U2 is worthy of exaltation.

Up to zooropa was good.

Every time they release an album a little baby dies in Africa.

THEN STOP FOOKIN' RELEASIN' ALBUMS, YA BUNCH OF COCKSHITES!!!

(a riff on that funny U2 concert joke)

the edge is such a douche

i don't see anything particularly douche-y about him in those videos. if i had the money i'd probably have as many guitars as he has, heh.

yeah i think he's a great guitarist and i've been unintentionally ripping him off a lot in the past couple of years.

Well, definitely point me to your tracks you do it in :ok: . I just got done watching those videos and when he reproduces licks from "Beautiful Day" and "Mysterious Ways" I broke out in gooseflesh all over my fucking body, it's almost painful. I know they're not Malmsteen-esque complexities but the understated groove is so great and I have so many years of great memories tied up into his playing that I can't help but be a sucker for his playing.

mountains of the moon

(about halfway through, the reverby shimmery sounds are all guitar)

that's all i've got online that comes close, i'm working on some more stuff but i'm not going to show anyone until it's actually got some structure, heh.

and yes, i agree, understated guitarists are the best.

The Edge is one of VERY few guitar players who have an instantly recognizable sound. It could be a song you've never heard before and don't who it's by, but you hear the guitar and you recognize instantly as the The Edge. It's his effects setup, but also the cadence and chord progressions. His playing is very distinctive. He will be remembered as one of rock's greatest guitar players.

There are very few guitar players with a similarly distinct sound...Stephen Malkmus has one, so does J Mascis.

there was nothing douchey about this clips. The Edge is a soft spoken guy.

yeah i think he's a great guitarist and i've been unintentionally ripping him off a lot in the past couple of years.

Well, definitely point me to your tracks you do it in :ok: . I just got done watching those videos and when he reproduces licks from "Beautiful Day" and "Mysterious Ways" I broke out in gooseflesh all over my fucking body, it's almost painful. I know they're not Malmsteen-esque complexities but the understated groove is so great and I have so many years of great memories tied up into his playing that I can't help but be a sucker for his playing.

mountains of the moon

(about halfway through, the reverby shimmery sounds are all guitar)

that's all i've got online that comes close, i'm working on some more stuff but i'm not going to show anyone until it's actually got some structure, heh.

and yes, i agree, understated guitarists are the best.

Shit Modey, that sounds really good man! It's got a Low/Mogwai feel to it without being too depressing. Your shimmers are definitely in the clear--you were "Edge inspired" but you didn't do a direct chawmp. Well done--keep the board updated on those tracks!

thanks! glad you liked it. hopefully i'll have the new album done by mid-year. hopefully.

• 6 years later...

Archived