IGNORED

i feel embarrassed

Guest autpt

i think Jimmy Edgar's got something going on here:

he just seems a bit...feminine? maybe it's just me. perhaps full of himself..but this performance is quite nice. maybe im judgemental.

JimmyEdgar1.jpg

its cool that he has the balls to play live keys; a midi sequencer and laptop alone = no fun

whether or not he's good on keys may be a different convo.

i could get down to some of that though

i guess i feel rather unhip for liking his material. i guess ive answered my own question. i shouldn't be embarrassed. im just self-conscious; pretty unrespectable huh

its cool that he has the balls to play live keys; a midi sequencer and laptop alone = no fun

whether or not he's good on keys may be a different convo.

i could get down to some of that though

it does add a certain Herbie Hancock fusion to his performance. i think he does rather well.

Guys, the real question was posted over a year ago:

MyDiamondStarCar (1 year ago)

Marked as spam

Reply | Spam

nice, i don't know who's better though, squarepusher, jimmy, or apparat...

apparat does not fit into the equation. man, this is not even a valid question. how can a kid have anything on Jenkinson's career

i never paid much attention to him before, only song i knew was "my beats"

but i really like some of the stuff he was doing performance-wise in the vid, some of the "busier" shit grabbed my attention.

worth looking into i suppose

Well, that's the point...I was being silly, but interestingly, I can't tell if you're also being silly with me or if you're being serious. WATMM ProTip: always be silly. Even when you're crying on the inside and want to be sincere, be silly. You won't make it any other way.

That's some serious *jots it down* type advice there.

I would give this Jimmy kid 3 out of 5 YLC stars.

Guest Enter a new display name

This thread made me re-listen to my "Bounce, Make, Model" disc and I find this EP very solid.

Jimmy's first album "My Mines I", which is in my opinion one of the best IDM albums I have ever heard, is so underrated. Where is the love, WATMM?

(Post edited for avoiding the stupid filter.)

Archived