IGNORED

all right, african-americans

playbynumbers

i'm often lacking descriptors for this sort of thing, but here are some sounds I listened to heavily last year despite not all releases coming of 08'

dora bleu - listened to clones of eros from 07'; in similar territory of dark, psychedelic folk.. minimalist even

paavoharju - experimental folk from finland? new album out in 08', laulu laakson kukista

spires that in the sunset rise - fiddles and cellos folky somethin, sometimes described as 'primordial psychedelic mysticism' (curse the traced bird lp in 08')

hurray for the riff raff - out of new orleans bluesy, waltz material but a little different - stock of banjo accordion fiddle saw; barn music country hootenanny (it don't mean I don't love you')

tape's luminarium - ambient nostalgia, don't really know although it's sound is pleasing

appealing compilations: roots of chicha: psychedelic cumbias from peru, sub rosa's persian electronic music and garifuna traditional music from guatemala, finders keepers' bearded ladies vol 1

recommend looking into the ethiopiques series through the label buda musique; really amazing recordings of popular ethiopian and eritrean musicians during the seventies, often jazz influenced

also check raster-noton, if you're into that, string of strong releases happening past few year - ryoji ikeda, coh, noto, byetone, frank bretschneider

Guest margaret thatcher

captain beefheart and the magic band - safe as milk

i never really listened to this when i bought it, but my god. seriously. sure nuff n yes i doooo.

Archived