IGNORED

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe

Joyrex

Depeche Mode have announced the track listing for their eagerly anticipated 12th studio album 'Sounds Of The Universe', released April 20th, on Mute. The release is preceded by their stunning new single ‘Wrong’, out April 6th - the first single to be taken from the album.

'Sounds Of The Universe' marks a reunion between Depeche Mode and Ben Hillier, who previously produced their 2005 album 'Playing The Angel'. Eclectic and energised, the band's new LP was recorded in Santa Barbara and New York.

'Sounds Of The Universe' Track Listing

1. In Chains

2. Hole To Feed

3. Wrong

4. Fragile Tension

5. Little Soul

6. In Sympathy

7. Peace

8. Come Back

9. Spacewalker

10. Perfect

11. Miles Away / The Truth Is

12. Jezebel

13. Corrupt

Hey Joyrex,

Remember how the last DM album came out the same day as BOC's Campfire Headphase?

sadly, that's unlikely to happen this time. Still, looking forward to this one.

Hey Joyrex,

Remember how the last DM album came out the same day as BOC's Campfire Headphase?

sadly, that's unlikely to happen this time. Still, looking forward to this one.

Hey, that's rig... god, your avatar is hot

Guest recycle
I loved Exciter, but thought Playing The Angel was pretty meh. I was never a fan of old-school DM, though.

Haah, I actually love playing, but just picked up Exciter myself, its catchy

• 1 month later...

OK, I've heard the entire album, and it's certainly a grower - the first time I listened, nothing really jumped out at me; but on repeated listens, there are a few tracks that stand out (to me) like Fragile Tension and Wrong. I'm really surprised at how none of the melodies or lyrics really jump out and instantly hook you like songs such as "It's No Good", "Precious", and others on their past releases.

Pissed that the song Ghost is only available as a bonus track on the deluxe edition; it sounded really promising from the YouTube clip on the Official Site.

Guest assegai

For some reason, "Wrong" got me excited for something energetic. This is album bland and uninteresting.

For some reason, "Wrong" got me excited for something energetic. This is album bland and uninteresting.

That's what I thought at first, but repeated listens glean out the good stuff - just not used to having to do that with Depeche Mode's music.

Joyrex's endorsement of dm has encouraged me to investigate their back catalogue

oh fuck yeah... the first album they releasd after clarke left the band essentially was dm trying to reproduce clarkes sound, but then *shazam*, it turned out thet martin gore was a fucking utterly superior songwriter. music for the masses is about the peak for me.

fucking shoot me, i'm old.

Joyrex's endorsement of dm has encouraged me to investigate their back catalogue

oh fuck yeah... the first album they releasd after clarke left the band essentially was dm trying to reproduce clarkes sound, but then *shazam*, it turned out thet martin gore was a fucking utterly superior songwriter. music for the masses is about the peak for me.

I'm surprised Violator didn't make the cut for you...

see above post^^^

i lost interest after violator.

actually, to be entirely fair, songs of faith and devotion (the live version) is also fucking superb.

see above post^^^

i lost interest after violator.

actually, to be entirely fair, songs of faith and devotion (the live version) is also fucking superb.

I meant as a peak... MFTM was good (has some great tracks on it), but for me, Violator is the pinnacle.

Yes, the live SOFAD CD is one of my favourites, with "Rush" being one of their best live tracks, IMO.

am i the only person in the universe who thinks violator is a little overrated? it just sounds rather flat to me.

also, i might as well post this here:

http://rooftopaccess.net/audio/16%20world%...20my%20eyes.mp3

Gollum sings DM?

am i the only person in the universe who thinks violator is a little overrated? it just sounds rather flat to me.

also, i might as well post this here:

http://rooftopaccess.net/audio/16%20world%...20my%20eyes.mp3

Gollum sings DM?

zole! that's me hahah

Guest mrgypsum

i am of the opinion that the newwer depeche is as good if not better than their back cat, violator is sort of the middle they made the transition after that album, they started making "albums" after violator not singles....

i am of the opinion that the newwer depeche is as good if not better than their back cat, violator is sort of the middle they made the transition after that album, they started making "albums" after violator not singles....

i agree. ultra is a fucking excellent album!

Archived