IGNORED

WATMM Official Old School Thread

eh Speedy

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WATMM/joyrex.com's official birthday is July 3rd, BTW.

I remember, twas the same day as one of my nieces Christenings. But at the party I remember thinking that I needed to nip home to register early so I could have a low member number. As internets is serious business.

watmm.png

Christ, I don't remember when I came here, but I remember it was from before the wipe/start over in 2005. It was probably in 2004. I posted on That Other Site™ for about a half year before then, until I could no longer take how bitter & miserable the inhabitants of that board are.

My favorite time was when we all had the ability to change our usernames, and everyone did so daily. Also the burger meme ran rampant.

Christ, I don't remember when I came here, but I remember it was from before the wipe/start over in 2005. It was probably in 2004. I posted on That Other Site™ for about a half year before then, until I could no longer take how bitter & miserable the inhabitants of that board are.

My favorite time was when we all had the ability to change our usernames, and everyone did so daily. Also the burger meme ran rampant.

yeah, that was when the dodgy hosting company we were with went belly up and took our database with it...

ps umbromanii was the shit

also, pigeon st.'s bday songs for everyone.

anyone have any old Cell material? i really really need that shit.

That period of watmm and 3 were pretty hysterical.

ps umbromanii was the shit

also, pigeon st.'s bday songs for everyone.

anyone have any old Cell material? i really really need that shit.

He has one of my favourite tracks of all time on the WATMM Volume One limited 3" CDr called "Tell"

i joined joyrex.com as "xen"

as if it's been that long, and as if i was 14 when i joined.

what ever happened to mc spatula? god i used to give him some shit lol

i joined joyrex.com as "xen"

as if it's been that long, and as if i was 14 when i joined.

what ever happened to mc spatula? god i used to give him some shit lol

i remember Xen, ha.

well in '99 i was 20 and 21. i was a member of the AFX community though probably since sometime in '95/'96 i think. trying to remember the really old sights. electronic music List, The Complete Richard D. James Discography, iMusic message board aphex section. i believe the very first Aphex Twin page ever was called Red Calx, but by the time i came around it wasn't even being updated. That Other Site™ was called Short Audio Jewels and it was just a bunch of AFX, Ae and Black Dog/Plaid sound clips. oh yeah Hyperreal, home of the electronic music list and a bunch of other rave and synth and drug related infos.

the jaffa kid had a yamaha tg or some shit and he was posting nice techno trax

I was just asking him about those tracks today in his recent EKT thread. I had 2 of them, and they were killer tracks, but I've lost them over the years, and miss them so.

I signed up on Joyrex.com on the real dark version that was right before the ICBYD theme. I found Aphex when I was 10, and signed up to Joyrex.com when I was 11.

Fuck.

Archived