IGNORED

Sublimit thread

kaini

i hadn't listened to untilted in about two years before tonight.

and the odd thing is i don't remember being blown away by sublimit at the time.

but i am now. fucking hell, this track is monstrous robot b-boy shit. makes me want to own a car with a nice sub. or a car.

sublimit thread.

i like how the end sounds alot like the plc

and yes great b-boy action

theres an interview where they discuss it

Yeah! A pitchfork interview, where they say earlier on that it's annoying when interviewers mention certain parts of a tune and ask if it means anything and why it's there, then later on say that the synth stab in Sublimit is kind of hilarious, why did they put it there, was it intended as a joke?

Ha! Stupid cunts!

I love Sublimit. God damn.

Sublimit, LCC and Pro Radii are the tracks that make Untilted what it is - a fucking awesome album. The other tracks are great, don't get me wrong, but those three are definitely the best on there.

i like how the end sounds alot like the plc

and yes great b-boy action

theres an interview where they discuss it

Yeah! A pitchfork interview, where they say earlier on that it's annoying when interviewers mention certain parts of a tune and ask if it means anything and why it's there, then later on say that the synth stab in Sublimit is kind of hilarious, why did they put it there, was it intended as a joke?

Ha! Stupid cunts!

I love Sublimit. God damn.

it's drew daniel from matmos interviewing sean, which is good cos they get proper nerdy about details.

Pitchfork: Now you're projecting! Now you are Charles Manson! Anyway, about "Sublimit", I was interested in that moment five minutes in or so when that super ridiculous horn-like stab comes in and some very old school claps rise up in the mix-- it reminded me of, say, your song "Pen Expers"-- it seemed really funny. I was wondering, do you find what you do funny? Because it seems like no one is laughing out there in Autechre Consumption Land. People think what you're doing is very churchy and austere but sometimes it's kind of ridiculous.

Autechre: Yeah, I think there are loads of moments like that in our stuff, but I don't think every body sees it like that. Some do. There's a mate who mentioned one of the starts of another tune off this album, and he said "Now you're really taking the piss" but I said "No, no, I really did it, it's all modeling, it's not a sample, it's acid and it took ages to make". You know, we really get into the craft of it. But I don't feel that any of our stuff is particularly serious-- maybe it's just that a lot of serious people are into it.

Pitchfork: But after that moment everything in the mix gets quiet and muted and kind of shrinks down-- I was wondering if that was a register of some kind of embarrassment at it being so over the top?

Autechre: No, it just got pulled off into another direction. When we did that, we thought it was pretty ripping. It wasn't set up like a comedy, like "here's the gag," if you know what I mean. I think the bit after it is actually more humorous.

Archived