IGNORED

Why Do You Post in WATMM?

Guest TooMuchLush

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to wanna talk about the music but i rarely listen to it anymore except a bit of aphex or autechre every now and then. So i just come along once in a while when i'm totally bored.

Guest Glass Plate

Well it's declining now, but I used to think the good to bad member ratio here was amazing compared to a lot of message boards.

Guest Quixote

Started coming here after I heard the RDJ album and used it for IDM news, and to learn about other artists. Started posting when Drukqs came out.

edit: it was great at the time to use as a jumping board to discover new artists and delve deeper into the territory, and I found the atmosphere better than XLTronic (Jesus I can't even remember what phobiazero's site used to be called).

Even though there's almost never any IDM news anymore (leading me never to go to the sub-forums) I feel like I've got a bunch of like minded people who share similar interests in other places. I would feel like I abandoned friends if I didn't come around any more, even if I lurk more than I post. I guess it grows on you.

Guest countchocula

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO INTO THE FUTURE a man from Texas made an internet forum dedicated to a ginger from Cornwall, UK. YEARS LATER said man branched his forum to cover a man with a bass guitar, a man who uses a lot of reverb, a fantastic beat making duo, a guy who uses a vocoder in every song, some guy who "loves acid", two guys who make library music, and finally plaid. MANY INTERESTING AND COMICAL PEOPLE JOINED said forum and it flourished. THEN I JOINED SAID FORUM and that is the story of WATMM.

Guest my usernames always really suck

I forget how I heard of this place, but I know I came here when i heard there was a contest for a music CD that became that WATMM Compilation CD.

The track I submitted was too awesome and way ahead of everyone's time and so it didn't make it.

And then I stuck around here to enjoy the trollfests that ensued between Massa Bones and Pen Expers in the forums.

Archived